How would this taste?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joewalla88

Reaction score
If I ferment and oak a sugar wash and then mix it with some diet cola soda stream mix, would it taste like a whiskey coke?

If I ferment and oak a sugar wash and then mix it with some diet cola soda stream mix, would it taste like a whiskey coke?

That sounds like it will taste like a whiskey coke just like how a lime white claw tastes like a margarita

I'd personally rather just buy the raw ingredients for a whiskey coke

That sounds like it will taste like a whiskey coke just like how a lime white claw tastes like a margarita

I'd personally rather just buy the raw ingredients for a whiskey coke
You're probably right, but my step dad has gotten into flavored "malt beverages" like Natty Rush, or Pineapple Steel Reserve. So I'm trying to come up with ideas for, what I call, flavored garbage beers for him and my sister. I made one by fermenting a gallon of fruit punch and backsweetening it with fruit punch frozen concentrate. It was kinda fun, so now I want to see where I can take it. Something to do when I don't have time or keg space for an actual brew day, but feel like making something.

You're probably right, but my step dad has gotten into flavored "malt beverages" like Natty Rush, or Pineapple Steel Reserve. So I'm trying to come up with ideas for, what I call, flavored garbage beers for him and my sister. I made one by fermenting a gallon of fruit punch and backsweetening it with fruit punch frozen concentrate. It was kinda fun, so now I want to see where I can take it. Something to do when I don't have time or keg space for an actual brew day, but feel like making something.

Well making hard seltzer is all the rage and you can pretty much make them taste however you want really. Make sure you dose it with yeast nutrient periodically to keep your yeast happier and the flavor more neutral and clean

He likes it sweeter than that though. I guess if you just make hard seltzer and back sweeten it though it should work right?

Back