How will this taste?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

32ndgeorgia

Reaction score
This is my first batch. I am making 2.5 gallons. I used a can of John Bull amber hopped extract and Wyeast liquid Scottish Ale yeast. That is all I did. Will this make anything drinkable? :confused:

Sounds to me like you are making yourself a very simple Brown Ale,

I saw a similar recipe that compared the outcome to "Newcastle" in the "complete Joy of Homebrewing" book by papazian... Although the one in the book may have had some added hops as well, and it may have been a darker malt extract..??
dunno.

Let us know...

Especially since i was thinking about doing that recipe next.

Thank you for replying. This first batch is under way. I will certainly post the results. I hope it is good. I don't have much time in it and that is what I was looking for, a good easy brew.

Hey Budda Can U Give Me That Recipe For American Lite? I Have A Buddy That Doesnt Like Ales But Wants Something Light.thanks Man.

;) I am very pleased to report the resulting ale is good! The taste is just fine. I think it is a bit light in the alcohol department though. Any suggestions for increasing the alcohol content of the next batch?

For a very simple, drinkable brew, this is it for me.

Thanks for any suggestions.

To make a stronger beer. Add more fermentables most of the time it is done by adding some more malt. The malt contains sugers and suger become alch.

Back