How to make peach wheat ale ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jun77

Reaction score
HI all, Im planning to make peach wheat ale with limited ingredients in Japan.
but Im wondering about whether my recipe is correct or not. this is my own recipe. what do you think ?

Original Recipe 1
Style: fruits beer( peach wheat ale )
Recipe Type All Grain
Boiling Time(minutes) 90min
Batch Size (L) 10
Mash efficiency (%) 75
OG 1.044
Attenuation (%) 75 (S-04)
FG 1.011
ABV (%) 4.3
SRM ?
Ingredients
pale malt 712
wheat malt 712
frozen peach 475
gypsum 1tsp
cascade 8.2
cascade 3.7
IBU 16.1

Type1
Peaches are not to be added to the primary fermenter. just pitted and skinned the peaches and freeze them for a day before adding them to the secondary. Then thaw the peaches and peeled, slice after that racked the beer on top of them.

Type2
Wash, split, and pit peaches. Place in plastic bags and freeze. When ready to rack beer into secondary, thaw and mash up (into puree) them in the bags or food processor .After that put them into bottom of secondary fermenter, and rack beer onto mashed peaches.

Type3
Put all mashed up peaches into a medium saucepan and add a little water. Slowly heat this mixture, stirring often, up to 76.7℃. Hold it at this temp for 5-10minutes.After that put peaches into bottom of secondary fermenter, and rack beer onto mashed peaches.

Note
(Use a straining bag or muslin bag to hold the fruit. because this way I end up with less mess to clean up in my fermenter).

I’m wondering about whether I should just only thaw, peeled and slice them and put it into a bottom of secondary fermenter or mash up (into puree) or crush them by food processor and put it into secondary fermenter. . .

Is there someone who can tell me which is the best way to add frozen peaches to secondary fermenter ?(I’m especially concerned with ratio of ingredients and how to prepare fruits before put it into secondary formenter).

maybe try to make some torrified wheat and replace 25% of that wheat base with torrified wheat so it converts a little easier. Then if you can try to make an invert syrup and call it a peached witbier.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S-G0V8YewU[/ame]

Back