How to make it the easy way Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzyq8

Reaction score
Hey everybody

Ok so this the situation. in my country beer is illegal and so i want a make it. after reading several (maybe millions :p ) of methods i found out i needed barley. after searching i managed to get some. after that every review i read is losing me and is explaining things differently

i just want to confirm before continuing
Do i need to make the barley grow the roots before i start making the beer or can i start making beer right away?

Is there an easier and faster way to do this?
as for the airlock how am i supposed to fit it in? cant i just close it up?

Keep in mind i have absolutely no way of access to malt extract or the syrup thing i see everyone using

your help is appreciated (imagine yourself in a place where there is no beer then feel my suffering :p )

the barley needs to be malted, and yes you can do that part yourself. google should provide some answers (sorry, I don't know how to do it, I buy my barley already malt processed).

Wheat, oats (like oatmeal), corn, rye and rice are also used in beer making...some need to be malt processed though.

you also need hops, and I doubt you'll find any. so, look for "gruit", which is a beer made with other things instead of hops. there's posts here on it, and also on google.

bread yeast, while not the best, will make beer. just let it age longer, and please don't get caught!

Thanx mate and i wont

Its legal to make and drink but illegal to sell
I dont plan on selling :p

It would probably be pretty easy for you to make mead...I'm sure you can get your hands on honey, and you don't need to worry about hops, and malting, etc.

Not exactly beer, but just a thought.

They sell malt syrup here in grocery stores for pancakes,etc. I've never used it to make beer, but I imagine it would work. Of course that it is here and they may not sell it at all there. Good luck. Just don't give up. You'll eventually make something you like.

I have no idea how to malt barley. You may want to consider the following.

1) Can you import malt extract from other countries? This may be allowed since it doesn't contain alcohol, but I'm not your lawyer.

2) you may want to consider wine making. Since you can make wine out of all kind of fruits.

Back