How to clean stained oven drip trays?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipatch

Reaction score
I have had a couple of spill overs since I started this hobby, and was wondering if anyone has thoughts/suggestions on how to get these oven drip trays clean. I used Simple Green, Comet, and CLR yesterday. Below is a picture of what I am dealing with.

stove-dirty-dripTray-e1298481418683.jpg

Oven cleaner worked for me. I've also bought a new set of them at home depot for about $12 in the past when I lived in apartments and needed to get them clean when moving out.

spray them with oven cleaner and wrap them ina garbage bag for a few hours. the stuff will come right off

Of the four chemicals I purchased, simple green, calcium lime, comet, and oven cleaner, the oven cleaner did the best job by far, but still could be improved upon. I might cave and buy new ones if the landlord tries to ding me on the deposit for them. Also, the trash bag idea sounds perfect, definitely going to try that next time. BTW, I know I have said this before but the community on this forum is the best (HANDS DOWN).

Latest posts

Back