How to Burn a Large Folder to a DVD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsme6582

Reaction score
I am trying to find some burning software to burn about 60 GB of music to dvds. Any suggestions on software that can make this easy for me?

mac or PC? I know PC people hate iTunes on their machines because of the bloatware it installs, but its really easy with that. Just make a playlist with all of the music, put in a DVD, then click "burn". It will tell you that your playlist won't fit on 1 disc, click continue and it will fill up a disc, then eject it and tell you to put in another one....on and on until it is done.

Corel burn.now does the same as described above. Drag the whole folder to add to DVD, it'll tell ya that not everything will fit.

Thanks guys. I didn't know Itunes did that. I ended up splitting up the folder with Winrar. I've got half of it burned already otherwise I would use Itunes or even give Corel Burn a shot.

Why DVDs?

1. I have more dual layer DVDs than I'll ever use
2. I don't trust external HDD. I've seen brand new drives go bad. Wouldn't consider one for anything.

Why split the folder with winrar? Wouldn't it be better to just burn A-D, E-G, etc. That way you don't have to un-zip the files to play them. They are already compressed if they are MP3 or similar.

Why split the folder with winrar? Wouldn't it be better to just burn A-D, E-G, etc. That way you don't have to un-zip the files to play them. They are already compressed if they are MP3 or similar.

It's a different type of compression. MP3's truly are an awful quality of music.

It's a different type of compression. MP3's truly are an awful quality of music.

How much smaller can you make the files by running a zip on them?

I'm not arguing the quality of the music. OP didn't say what format they were in. I assumed MP3 or similar based on what is standard in today's music world.

And MP3 at a decent bit rate are not that bad when listened to in the average car, or desktop speaker system. There isn't enough fidelity to be very noticeable unless you listen with a high-end system or good quality headphones.

The point of using WinRAR wasn't to compress the files. You can use it to split folders into several archives of any size you want. It took the big folder and made me 10 dual layer DVD size files.

Back