How often do you clean your fermentation freezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtt121

Reaction score
Going to man up this evening and hop in the freezer for a deep bleach clean.

After a good amount of time my freezer gets reallllly nasty. The walls of the freezer where the coils are get a lot of condensation, which collects at the bottom of the freezer. This over time creates a reallly really nasty floor in this thing.

Does anyone else experience similar? How often do you give a reallly good cleaning?

I've had it for 1 complete batch and 2 batches going right now in it. Till this point I haven't "cleaned" the inside except for wiping it down to remove all the condensation every few days.

I use a Clorox Anywhere spray hard surface cleaner. It seems to keep the mold down. Also put in some type of desiccant to absorb some of the moisture. You can find that at a Dollar Store. It won't get it all but it will sure will help.

This was my weekend task too... Good hose out, bleach, rince, brillo, rince, dry. Nice and clean now, though I have some rust spots from past bleach treatments...

I didnt even think to try and combat the moisture. Thanks for the posts. Nice and Clean now.

I keep a mild bleach solution in a spray bottle and hit the insides of my two chest freezers occasionally to keep the funk in control, easy and effective.

I didnt even think to try and combat the moisture. Thanks for the posts. Nice and Clean now.

I read a post somewhere that said a shamwow in the bottom would help absorb most of the moisture. I haven't tried it, but I've been meaning to get one.

Back