How often do you brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky if I can brew once every couple of months.
40, married, two kids (6 and 4). I'm home with the younger one every morning, and I have a job that keeps me working nearly every day for roughly seven months of the year.

39, married (Mrs. Jass is very supportive. She is German/Irish so it would be as easy for her to give up breathing as beer):cross:

2 children (6 and 4)

brew 20 gallon every other week.:D

I have been brewing all grain for about 6-7 months, not exactly sure, but I have now brewed 7, 5 gallon brews since then and have not tasted 3 of them with bottle conditioning, lagering and just brewed saturday.

Let's get deathbrewer on here, I know he brews like mad :)

Two 5gal batches every three weeks. Bottle on Saturday and brew on Sunday with the freshly available fermenters. Keeps us busy and dizzy.

I brew every couple of weeks, sometimes more often. Like brewtus, I don't drink most of what I brew. I give it away, I make people have parties so people will drink it, and that's fine by me. I just love brewing.

For the first 6 months I was brewing a 5 gallon batch every other weekend. That didn't quite keep up with my consumption and what I give away to friends, so I bought another primary bucket (already had 2 carboys) and now brew once a week, alternating fermenters. Works well for a 2-2 rotation (2 weeks primary, 2 weeks secondary) and I'm building a nice pipeline. When things get busier this summer I'll be able to skip a week or two without hurting my supply too much.

5 gallon batch every 2 - 3 weeks, on average. That keeps four taps flowing at my place.

In that case:

28yrs old
16 kids
3 wives (all in one house)

I make the illegitimate kids brew the beer. The legitimate ones get to relax and drink it... :D

You could always brew more of the RIS and have it age for a couple of years.

I'm gonna let a lot of it sit, I think I'll also brew a barleywine and a triple or something. I got 6 cases of 22oz bombers from my uncle this weekend so I need to fill those up ;)

i try to brew 1-2 batches a month. I think once I get into kegging, (which thanks to this forum, will be soon rather than later) i'll be able to do at least 2 on a consistent basis.

2-3 batches a month (5 gallons if I am testing a new recipe or refining, 10 gallon if I like the beer enough to drink two kegs or if a party is coming up) I have gone through 50 gallon this year so...
26yo
lady in tow (or vice versa, tow in lady)
two jack russels

I work while I brew, makes life easier.

Back