How much should I offer for these....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
justinmcdevitt said:
I found a guy with about 150 16 oz flip top Grolsch bottles how much would be a reasonable offer for them?

Are they clean? If so, anything around a buck or less each. If they're not clean, nothing.

For the same prince, you can get into kegging.

that is true, though I posted this like 5 min ago, I got impatent and decided to offer 25, lets see if he will bite at that :) if so cool if not oh well, I'm just trying to be lazy and stop capping

I would love to get into kegging, but my current situation does not allow for that (I have the joy of living with someone that would bring back prohabition if it was left up to her) so If I had a set up it would probally disapear one day while I was in class (has happened with stuff before)

so do you think $60 is fair, and there are 172 total only 2 missing caps,
The only issue if I don't know if I need to invest in more bottels, though I suppose these guys I could get good and clean then after they are dry cap them, and when I need em just rinse them with one step and be good to go

ahhh darn being indecisive

Around here, the bottle drop off places keep them for people who make beer, so it's easy to get them. That's why I don't pay more than 20 cents.

I think $60 is very fair for those bottles. Even if you don't need them now, what would it hurt to sit in your closet or garage?

At this point, I'm kegging all my beers. I've also got about 7 cases (24) of good cappable bottles in my garage. Sometimes, I buy a 12 of SA, or Harpoon, or something else, just to experiment. Why throw them away, when I can keep them for later use. I'll probably start selling or giving extras away once I get more than 10 cases.

I have about 5 cases of bottels right nwo, thats why I am not overly concerned about buying them

i think i should call around some of the party stores and see if I can buy them off of them for the deposit that they have to pay out on them

A case is 24 bottles, correct? Well that puts you at 2 cases per 5 gallon batch of beer. That means you've only got the capacity for 2 1/2 batches in bottles, then you're out of bottles. Unless you drink them all right away, you might need more bottles. I say if you can swing the extra 60$, just buy them all and sit on them. They make a nice gift if you give homebrew away for X-MAS and other special occasions. Just remember, you may need new gaskets, but you can get them on eBay for cheap.

BUY 'EM! :rockin:

justinmcdevitt said:
that is true, though I posted this like 5 min ago, I got impatent and decided to offer 25, lets see if he will bite at that :) if so cool if not oh well, I'm just trying to be lazy and stop capping

I would love to get into kegging, but my current situation does not allow for that (I have the joy of living with someone that would bring back prohabition if it was left up to her) so If I had a set up it would probally disapear one day while I was in class (has happened with stuff before)

Sounds like you've got bigger issues than places to put your homebrew! You better work that one out quick.:(

Are you married?

If not, theres still time.

If your not an alcoholic, why would she care if its your hobby and it makes you happy? You might be able to tell that its after 5 here and I'm half way through my third HB!:drunk:

Regards,
Al

Were you the one looking for Grolsch bottles on the Detroit Craigslist? Just curious. I wouldn't offer more than 50 cents. I snagged about 60 recently from a local beer store for just the 10 cent deposit. Also bought four cases of emply 500ml hefeweizen bottles for the deposits. I think my upcoming wheat beer will look nice in those.

GIusedtoBe said:
Sounds like you've got bigger issues than places to put your homebrew! You better work that one out quick.:(

Are you married?

If not, theres still time.

If your not an alcoholic, why would she care if its your hobby and it makes you happy? You might be able to tell that its after 5 here and I'm half way through my third HB!:drunk:

Regards,
Al

I still live at home (college student :) )

My mom is the one thaqt is anti everything

I have one semseter left before I leave for school, so i have to deal with it

as far as being an alcoholic, I prefer to think of myself as a college student :) (im not that bad)

BrianP said:
Were you the one looking for Grolsch bottles on the Detroit Craigslist? Just curious. I wouldn't offer more than 50 cents. I snagged about 60 recently from a local beer store for just the 10 cent deposit. Also bought four cases of emply 500ml hefeweizen bottles for the deposits. I think my upcoming wheat beer will look nice in those.

Why yes I am the very one, I think I am going to ask around at some of the beer stores I go to

justinmcdevitt said:
I still live at home (college student :) )

My mom is the one thaqt is anti everything

That's awesome - you tried to obfuscate the "living with mom" reality.

Don't worry, almost all of us did it for a significant portion of our lives.

Cheesefood said:
That's awesome - you tried to obfuscate the "living with mom" reality.

Don't worry, almost all of us did it for a significant portion of our lives.

I'm counting down the days till I move to school,

I don't move now because of the minor detail of I work full time right now and go to school full time, and most of my money is going to pay for school next year since I will have no financial support from my family when I leave for school (yep shes anti me going away to college too)
OH well

Latest posts

Back