How many pounds of roasted coffee in 2020

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is mostly how it goes for me also. Roast some coffee up, taste it, decide that I'll need some more of it, go back to add some to the cart and find that it's not even on the list anymore!

Roasted two pounds yesterday. An Ethiopian bean and El Salvador bean.

200.18 + 3 = 203.18

Edit: roasting another pound of coffee, a different Ethiopian bean. The count has been updated to reflect this.

Last edited:
214.18 + 6 = 220.18

03/22/20 6 roasts total 3lb
RFA Org. Balinese Kintamani Natural bali
Org. Washed Altura Chiapas - BCT Select Mexico
Tolima China Alta Colombia
Dry Process Kayon Mountain Taaroo ethiopia
Dry Process Guji Shakiso Hambela Dabaye ethiopia
Buenos Aires Mill -Los Pinos Nicaragua

03/06/20 6 roasts total 3lb
Wet Hulled Bangli Kintamani Bali
Finca Santa Julia Bourbon El Salvador
Dry Process Guji Dambi Uddo ethiopia
Agaro Duromina Coop Lot 17 Ethiopia-
Xinabajul Antonio Castillo Guatemala
Comayagua Grupo El Sute Honduras

That is mostly how it goes for me also. Roast some coffee up, taste it, decide that I'll need some more of it, go back to add some to the cart and find that it's not even on the list anymore!
That's how it has worked, or rather not worked out for me several times now, so I more or less gave up on the small specialty coffee suppliers. Even subscribing to email didn't work: either nothing within the time frame I would have needed more coffee, or, even worse, false alarms. For now I settled on some amazon-available Columbian that (for my roasting/brewing style and taste buds) is 90% flavor-wise of the best Yemen I was able to get exactly once.

I have roasted about 6 or 7 pounds this year, typically four six-ounce batches (SR 500 with glass extender) every two to three weeks.

Update: Oops, sorry, adding is not my strong side: 220.18 + 6 = 226.18

Last edited:
I went through my roasted supply faster than anticipated, and roasted another 1 1/3 pounds of the newly arrived Columbian this weekend: 227.68 + 1.32 = 229 pounds.

Got my Bullet R1 last week, so over the weekend I roasted 10 lbs of seasoning greens to get the drum ready for work, and then 5.5 lbs of Rwanda Nyamasheke Nyakabingo Station.

For my own total, I'm going to include the seasoning greens, since I did actually roast them, even though they went straight into the trash. So that brings my personal total to 40.5 lbs for the year.

I'll leave it up to consensus whether to count them towards the thread total, since they were (intentionally) undrinkable.

With seasoning greens: 244.5 lbs
Without
seasoning greens: 234.5 lbs

Got my Bullet R1 last week, so over the weekend I roasted 10 lbs of seasoning greens to get the drum ready for work, and then 5.5 lbs of Rwanda Nyamasheke Nyakabingo Station.

For my own total, I'm going to include the seasoning greens, since I did actually roast them, even though they went straight into the trash. So that brings my personal total to 40.5 lbs for the year.

I'll leave it up to consensus whether to count them towards the thread total, since they were (intentionally) undrinkable.

With seasoning greens: 244.5 lbs
Without
seasoning greens: 234.5 lbs

You roasted them no different than any other roast. Except for the fact that you went into the charcoal range. I vote with.

I would say to count them. They were roasted, to a very well done level, and if it weren't for needing to season the drum and possibly remove trace amounts of machining oils, you probably could have brewed them. Might have resembled char bucks coffee!!! Lmao!!!

Depending on where this is all going, somebody might dig them out and brew them; also, if I understand the point of this thread correctly, it's about the enjoyment of increasing numbers.

Apparently I'm drinking coffee like there's no tomorrow. Running low already! Another 1.85 pounds (what I thought were 6 ounce roasting batches are actually over 210 gram each: So 840 gram total).
244.5+1.85=246.35 lbs. Feel free to round when adding the next batch.

enough of no roasting!!
upload_2020-4-18_20-1-8.png

Had a short session last night, got through half of the sampler that came with my roaster:

1588167920058.png

So that's 4.13 lbs, which puts me at 44.63 lbs for the year.

277.18 pounds total

I roasted some Ethiopian beans last night and some other beans earlier in the week which I hadn't reported, totally 3 lbs.

277.18 + 3 = 280.18 lbs to date!

Roasted 10,791 grams which = 23.8 pounds!

OOOPS!!!! Originally had f*****d up and went to first page while looking for the total to add to.....thanks for catching my error ba-brewer!:)

Last edited:
Holy F***! LMAO!!! I must have been slap out of my gourd!! Looking at a post that did not exist... Actually....I found what happened....this lovely tablet I have jumps back to first page when I went looking for the total to add to. I then got crossed up...so MY bad...here is the correction...
23.8 + 280.18
= 303.98 pounds total.

Last edited:
Another three batches of 210 gram each, so that's 630 gram or 1.39 lbs.
Total is 305.37 lbs.

307.62 + 7.5 = 315.12

05/09/20 6 x .33 roasts = 2
Dry Process Guji Gerbicho Rogicha ethiopia
Helsar Miguel Rojas Costa Rica
Finca Santa Julia Bourbon El Salvador
Yirga Cheffe Konga Station Ethiopia-
Xinabajul Mejor de Peña Guatemala
Dry Process Buenos Aires Caturra Nicaragua

04/24/20 4 x .5lb roasts 2 x .33 roasts = 2.67
RFA Org. Balinese Kintamani Natural bali
Honey Process Marsellesa -Doña Eva Mexico
Cerro Negro La Lesquiñada Honduras
Jinotega Finca El Lino Nicaragua

04/07/20 3 x .5lb roasts 4 x .33lb roasts = 2.83lb
Wet Hulled Bangli Kintamani Bali-
Santa Ana Miravalle H1 El Salvador
Dry Process Kayon Mountain Taaroo ethiopia
Xinabajul Aler Villatoro Guatemala
San Sebastian Renan Perez Honduras
Lo Mejor de Timana Colombia

6,782 grams roasted tonight = 14.95 pounds
334.14 pounds group total.
+2.01 pounds for Kopi Luwak I just decided to roast.
=336.15 total

1589244759010.png

Last edited:
Happy to say I roasted last week for the first time in over a year due to a move that took forever to finalize and most of my life stowed away in storage. It was part of a sampler pack that I got when I bought my roaster. I've had the beans for over 4 years and thought what the hell I'll fire up the roaster and I have to say that the beans still a made pretty good cup of coffee.

3 lbs total

339.15 + 2 = 341.15

6 150gm batches
Wet Hulled Bangli Kintamani Bali
Lo Mejor de Timana Colombia
Helsar Miguel Rojas Costa Rica
Yirga Cheffe Konga Station Ethiopia
San Sebastian Renan Perez Honduras

How you liking the Bullet Lax??

Love love LOVE it. I roasted ~9 lbs yesterday in 2 hours, which would have taken me an entire day on the old Gene Cafe. And the results are SO consistent, even for a full Kg. So happy.

Still trying to figure out proper profile/technique, I'll probably bump my purchase thread to solicit tips from you guys, rather than muddying up this thread.

412.06 + 4.33 = 416.39

6/13/20 7x.33 = 2.33lb
Don Oscar Limones Costa Rica
Chimaltenango San Martin Jilotepeque Guatemala oops twice batches
Apaneca Finca Miravalle El Salvador
Dry Process Buenos Aires Maracaturra Nicaragua
Organic Dry Process Shakiso Hangadhi Ethiopia
Dry Process Shakiso Korommii Ethiopia
6/2/20 6 x .33 = 2lb
Tarrazu Don Mayo La Loma Costa Rica
Santa Ana Miravalle H1 El Salvador
Organic Dry Process Sidama Shantawene ethiopia