How many of you have been waiting to taste you Marzen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlg5039

Reaction score
I have two batches I brewed back in the spring, slightly different recipes. I bottled one batch and kegged the other last month. I'm getting impatient darn it. I want to sneak a taste!!

Who else is in the same boat?

I definitely need to taste it. Tasted fine last week and even better yesterday! Hoping the last half of the keg is as good as the first as I've hit that point already! Time to add it to my to be brewed soon again list!

Brewed mine in March or April, first taste on September 25th. I haven't been sneaking samples and I won't have a problem waiting but I am really looking forward to the 25th. Stay strong, you can wait.:mug:

You are all really good! I didn't have temp control until July this year so I did an Oktoberfest then. I let it ferment for 3 weeks and lager for the minimum of 4 weeks and tapped it yesterday. I have to say it is really good at even just 4 weeks. My goal is to let it go 8 before I start to really drink it. I can't imagine waiting since March although that will be my goal next year.

I haven't touched any of it yet except a small sample at bottling time. Trying hard to wait another two weeks.

I've been brewing so many other beers though that I've been able to ignore the carboys in the back of my freezer.

Still waiting on mine. It's been lagering in the keg since March. I guess I need to force carb and get ready to tap it! I'll wait until the last week of September.

Mine is fermenting away as we speak, but I cheated and used ale yeast, fermenting low around 62, and then will condition in keezer for a week or two. Oktoberfest starts september 17th this year and ends on October 3rd, so I'm hoping mine will be good enough to drink by the 1st of October.

I brewed my Marzen on March 12th and had been lagering it all summer. I host the Homebrew club's Oktoberfest each year. I went in to test it at the end of August.... It was infected:confused:. I was really dissappointed:(. I had to brew another for the upcomming celebration, it will not be the same.

I brewed mine July 4 - used Ale yeast as I can't lager. However, I put together 6 grolsh bottles and then kegged so I can sample as time goes by to know when to get it in the fridge. Still had an astringent taste so I am letting it go a few more weeks.

Mine's been in the basement in bottles for months. I keep trying one the first of each month.

Mine is really starting to mellow out. By next month it should be good. Of course, by then my wit will be ready to go, too. :)

I brewed my Marzen on March 12th and had been lagering it all summer. I host the Homebrew club's Oktoberfest each year. I went in to test it at the end of August.... It was infected:confused:. I was really dissappointed:(. I had to brew another for the upcomming celebration, it will not be the same.

Bummer :(

I brewed mine in may and I'm really counting on it being delicious! I usually don't have the foresight or the patience to brew something like this in advance for a particular time, so I'm quite proud of myself. Fall is such a wonderful season! The best weather, the best beers, and football football football!

I brewed 2 10 gallon batches of Rauch Marzen back in January and february. The first kegs of each batch are long gone, but the second kegs are ready for Oktoberfest in 2 weeks.
Last weekend I brewed a single decoction Marzenish beer but due to lack of time I used S-04 instead of lager yeast, Last night I checked it and it's down to 1.012 so it'll get kegged this week and ready for the party.

So right now I'm sitting outside, enjoying my first homebrewed Oktoberfest lager. I just got back from a 5 mile run, dinner is almost ready, and life is good. :)

Well worth the wait. I will do it again and again.

I brewed a mocktoberfest with German malts and hops and Safale-04 3 weeks ago. I'm really enjoying the first keg of it and will save the 2nd keg until the party on Oktober 1

I really would like to get to meet some brewers in the area, I know there are a ton and I've been living here for a year now. But that's a different thread.

Now, prost!!

Back