How many gallons this year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
26 different brews and counting...130 gallons

I'm still going to try to get in a pale ale and a barleywine before the end of the year.

Think I'm at 50, but this next year I'm going to have to watch out for that legal limit :eek:

Between myself, my room mate, and my neighbor, I think we're at 90.

uhhmmm 20 gallons in 1.5 months does that count? I'm sorry to hear about quantity limits down south there.... Seems a bit silly to me. I'm pretty sure we have limits here in BC however its not enforced. The cops have lists of 100's of grow ops they can't bother to get around to busting so home brewers are pretty low on the list not that growers should be busted either imho but that's another thread all together ;)

uhhmmm 20 gallons in 1.5 months does that count? I'm sorry to hear about quantity limits down south there.... Seems a bit silly to me. I'm pretty sure we have limits here in BC however its not enforced. The cops have lists of 100's of grow ops they can't bother to get around to busting so home brewers are pretty low on the list not that growers should be busted either imho but that's another thread all together ;)

yeah in michigan the cap is supposedly 100 gallons per person, per year... but how the heck could they inforce that... how could they prove you were brewing more then that, im not evern sure they could prove you were brewin more then you had fermenters for... so that would stick me firmly at 20 gallons... and right now they could really only get me for 23 because i have 3 gallons of cider bottled and 20 in fermenter... well 15 of cider and 5 of beer but i really have done over 50... i think putting a limit is kinda a way to make people think they should regulate themselves more then for the local BAFTA reps and law enforcements to have the head ake of trying to regulate it all.

cheers

16 batches, 80 gallons. Q3 was a huge bust (only 3 batches) thanks to work, but we did have a fermenter logjam (no empties) in October so I felt better about that.

Next year I want to go AG so we'll start making 10 gallon batches.

well 12/25/07 I started off with Mr Beer by Febuary i switched to Extract and partials, then by september I went to all grain brewing 5 gallons plus a week since febuary, Ya I'm way over the legal amount :)

Started January 19th 2008, brewed 12 extract/grain B3 kits (5 gallon). July 4th 2008 celebrated my independence from extract with my first all grain brew, a SNPA clone. Have brewed nine 10 gallon all grain including that first one so I have brewed 150 gallons so far. I MAY squeeze one more in before January 1st I HOPE!!

I started in late October. I'm up to 30 gallons counting the three 5 gallon batches I have going right now (2 beers and 1 apfelwein). I'd like to get one more batch going before end of year, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

i think i probably got 40 gallons in, i moved into a house in the spring and switched to all-grain. my goal next year is around 120ish give or take.

Since the year of brewing for me started in October or September... and I haven't had time to brew in the past couple weeks, my running count is 8 batches at 40 gallons.

Between my wife and I we did 29 five gallon batches this year. My wife brewed 5 of those.

We also made 1 batch of mead, 15 gallons of Cyser, 5 gallons of cider, 6 gallons of Applewine and a white wine kit.

Back