How Many Gallons of Homebrew in 2018?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+360 gallons of misc stuff though out the year

= 12959

Mods feel free to delete if posting my whole years worth at once doesn't count lol. Cheers

1 gallon of white househouse Porter
1 gallon of Caribou Slobber, both from northern Brewer.

12961 for the year

15 gallons, was intended to be a ESB/Bitter/Mild Partigyle, but it looked very brown, so might end up being a series or brown ales....

15 gallons, was intended to be a ESB/Bitter/Mild Partigyle, but it looked very brown, so might end up being a series or brown ales....
You can mash in with just the base malt and some crystal then add your darker malts after you pull the first and second running. Or just add the darker grain in a bag to steep in the wort.

+5 gal lime light saison
+5 gal blackberry porter
+5 gal pumpkin saison
+5 gal white ipa

12976+20=12996 gallons

Soooooo..... I brewed 35 gallons on my system. But then I brewed my homebrew recipes on a "commercial" rig. Basically an oversized homebrew set up-3 barrel pots on Cajun burners. No rakes. Yep, digging out 170~ lbs. of spent grain with a plastic shovel and rinsing with a water hose. Does that count? If so, 4 - 3 barrel brews = 372 plus my 35 = 407. Well?

Soooooo..... I brewed 35 gallons on my system. But then I brewed my homebrew recipes on a "commercial" rig. Basically an oversized homebrew set up-3 barrel pots on Cajun burners. No rakes. Yep, digging out 170~ lbs. of spent grain with a plastic shovel and rinsing with a water hose. Does that count? If so, 4 - 3 barrel brews = 372 plus my 35 = 407. Well?
were the beers sold commercially? if not, let 'er rip!

fine can take my 5 gallons out but does homegah's 407 not count as well ? if so should be 13,616
It was unclear if @Homergah beer was all home brew or some was brewed commercially. Maybe we should let him post again and put the portion that was homebrew to the total.

@jiMithing83 what do your think?

It was unclear if @Homergah beer was all home brew or some was brewed commercially. Maybe we should let him post again and put the portion that was homebrew to the total.

@jiMithing83 what do your think?

Ok. Sorry for muddying things up.
Yes that 12 barrels was sold. Although I did drink a substantial amount.... BUT, brewing it did seem like a giant homebrew nightmare. My home rig is nicer than what they have, by a substantial amount. And my rig isn't very nice.

13,209 + 35 = 13,244

it is easy to happen, I normally look back at the post above mine after mine posts just in case.

If you don't post in a while there is a pointer in your cookies to look at the last place you read and that is where the threads opens, if you don't double check that you are at the end of the thread you can get way off.

+3 Gallons Small Batch British Brown Ale
=13691

Hoping to get one last small batch in before the new year too.

+ 5.5 G Coffee Stout(1st brew, Extract)
+ 5.5 G Butterscotch Cream Ale(Extract)
+ 5.5 G Peanut Butter Brown (Extract)
+ 5.5 G Irish Red (Extract)
+ 5.5 G Fresh Squished (Extract)
+ 5.5 G Dry Irish Stout (Extract)
+ 5.5 G American Wheat (Extract)
+ 5.5 G Cascade M.O. Smash (1st AG!)
+ 11 G Imperial Stout/Partygyle Stout (AG)
+ 5.5 G Zombie Dirt (AG, Kit)
+ 11 G Gruit Ale (AG)
+ 5.5 G J.P. Elevenses (AG, Kit)
+ 5.5 G Snowplow Porter (AG)
+ 5.5 G Dry Irish Stout (AG)
+ 5.5 G Burnt Out Amber (AG)
+ 11 G Crème Brulee Stout (AG)

= 13806.5

Not bad for starting in June! I think ill try to add to the tally as I brew next time, math is hard.

Back