How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all are killing the curve! If you guys want, I'll keep that chart updated. If I'm the only one geeky enough to care, speak up.

Mine seems to be rolling nicely....Pitched about 3pm on Saturday. Last night had a little activity in there and early this morning there was some krausen starting to make it's way up neat the air lock. I considered switching to a blow off tube, but just left the lock on. Got home from work today and tiny bubbles are rapidly shooting to the top.

:mug:

JustusIV said:
Brewed up last night!

3156 + 5 = 3161

Another 5 here, as I'm the one who gave the recipe to JustusIV to begin with :mug:

3161 + 5 =

I'll be back as soon as I pitch my second tonight!

:fro:

chriso said:
Another 5 here, as I'm the one who gave the recipe to JustusIV to begin with :mug:

3161 + 5 =

I'll be back as soon as I pitch my second tonight!

3166 + 5 = 3171

pldoolittle said:
Y'all are killing the curve! If you guys want, I'll keep that chart updated. If I'm the only one geeky enough to care, speak up.

I'm definitely up for continued graphses. I love statistics. :-D

pdoolittle -- keep that curve updated for sure! That's awesome! Sorry for the non-tally post. Will make my next batch this weekend to make up for it.

SumJackass said:
Brewed 5 gallons

Thread Total 3186

Doesn't that equal about 27000 pounds?

Even crazier, going off of prices from my batch last night, we can extrapolate that we have used:

3186 gallons = 6372 1/2-gal containers from Hy-Vee
6372 1/2gal's x $1.39 each for generic brand = $8857 of apple juice

Also, assuming that each person brewed a 5-gal batch (which I know is NOT true), we can compute that HBT readers have brewed over 637 batches of "Edfelwein" (my nickname for it)

Impressive stats!

Jim Karr said:
Please add my puny 2-gallon batch to the total....................

As I am trying to get my wife to warm up to the idea of me spending even more money, add my truely puny 0.5-gallon batch.

camiller said:
As I am trying to get my wife to warm up to the idea of me spending even more money, add my truely puny 0.5-gallon batch.

Oh, now you messed everything up. What's next, a 0.314159265 gallon batch? :fro:

I just started my 2nd batch, with allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
I had an empty 6.8 gal. carboy, so my batch is 6.5 gal. to even things back out.

3195+8=3203

borat-nice.jpg

Hi all...this is my first post on this forum and it's to add to the total of apfelwein...LOL...

3269+5=3274

This was my second ever brew. Brewed my first scots brown ale last Thursday and first apfelwein last night...can't wait to get to the next batch...the waiting is hard but i plan on having a good stock of homebrew built up in by xmas time...whooohooo...i'm addicted already!:rockin:

Mike

Jebus Christ, you guys have been busy...my dedicated Edfelwien carboy just became empty this weekend....and the problem is now its empty! Got to spend the 15 mins this week and fill 'er up again!

Made two batches last night while SWMBO was at ballet rehearsal.

3294 + 5 gallons exactly to Ed's recipe = 3299;

3299 + 5 gallons using brown sugar instead of corn sugar as an experiment (I think I'll call it Apfelbraun) = 3304

Back