How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made five gallons uhh, tommorow, so EdWort can make #3000 ;-) Mine is going to smell super terrific when it starts to burble through the airlock...

Poindexter said:
I made five gallons uhh, tommorow, so EdWort can make #3000 ;-) Mine is going to smell super terrific when it starts to burble through the airlock...

That would put us at 2950.

50 more to go. I have 10 gallons of juice just waiting. :cross:

2955 + 6 = 2961

(and it doesn't smell terrific when it starts bubbling, more like rhino farts)

I just drank a couple snakebites I made with apfelwein (made with raw cider) during my brew day. Oh yes, oh yes! I love it!:drunk: :ban: :rockin: :mug:

ArroganceFan said:
:( I was rooting for Ed to get every thousand gallon mark too.

So was I... We need to communicate here. Kinda float Ed a softball so to speak... let HIM knock it out of the park...BTW I really screwed up my first five gal so can I take it back and let ED fill out the 3000?

Just put 5 gallons in my new carboy. Just thinking about the potential deliciousness is already driving me nuts.

3005+5 = 3010.

brett said:
EdWort can get number 4000... we'll get there by christmas :D

Yeah, that's the spirit! My batch might be done this weekend, if so it's off to bottles and I'll be pitching right on the existing yeast.

smoke76 said:
Just started 4- 5 gallon Carboy's this sunday.......3002

Holy Cow! I knew I shoulda started the rest of my 15 gallons of juice. :D

No place to put all those carboys though till the Brew Hut gets built.

Congrats on taking by the cajones and making 20 gallons at one time. You'll get to enjoy it as different aging points.

brett said:
EdWort can get number 4000... we'll get there by christmas :D

How long did it take to get to 3K from 2K? It's possible perhaps by New Years, especially if lots gets consumed on new years eve.

Let me do my part, just made my very first batch of the stuff:

I racked mine out of plastic into glass yesterday and of course tried the dregs. Off to the store now for more apple juice, I should have empty glass with a yeast pancake ~11-26-07, 5 gallons. Yummy and it isn't even ready.

I started making Apfelwein back in September and started my fourth 5 Gallon batch last Saturday. I love this stuff. :drunk:

3035+20=3055

We have our first batch in the fermentor with probably another week to go until bottling .. I can't wait!

Poindexter said:
Sounds like EdWort better keep some clean glass around if he wants #3333.
Let's start the pool. My money's on 11/25/2007!

Here's a chart of Apfelwein gallons brewed just based on the posts in this thread. The red line is what has actually been brewed, and the black line is a projection for the next 365 days based on the info to date.

apfelwein1.jpg

Back