How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting ready to make a 5 gallon batch. Have one question about bottling though. Does it have to be bottled in beer bottles? I'm used to (equipped for) bottling wine. Will in make a difference if I bottle Edwort's original recipe Apfelwien in wine bottles, corked and all?

Thread like this always make me concerned that the tax man will do the same math and decide to start taxing all homebrew. :(
You know politicians are addicted to spending, and our pocket books is just too inviting.

14,277.5 + 1 = 14,278.5

Had some leftover apple juice from making my first 5 gal. Decided to use my 1 gal. "yeast starter" jug...and make more apfelwein :)

14321 + 5=14326

Sixth batch

5 gals. Aldi's juice-$11.90
Montrachet=$0.60
2lbs corn sugar=$1.99

$14.49 for a 5 gal. batch of 9% tasty awesomeness.

14437+5=14442

I wonder what the real number is? I know I have given the recipe to other brewers and people who don't brew.

I cracked a 5L keg of this that I made 6 months ago and damn is it good.... I will be starting another batch soon to drink next spring - it definitely gets better with age.

14462 + 5 = 14467

I just took the FG of my first batch last night and I'm bottling tomorrow. It tasted great and it has 6.75 % alcohol.

Latest posts

Back