How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally bottled mine at the weekend there. Shoved a few straight into the fridge and sampled them. Very nice. Big kick off them. Think that they will be much better carbonated though.

I just found this site about a month ago and saw this thread right off the bat! I wondered what all the whoopla was about, so I went to costco and my brew shop and made my first five gallons today. So I guess that puts the tally at 885.5. Can't wait to drink it and thanks EDWORT for sharing!

Kristian

10 more gallons for me...

This is always a big hit with the non-craft beer drinkers...

So 895.5

Yeah Baby!

Less than 100 gallons to go till..

ONE THOUSAND GALLONS

We're in the home stretch now....Let's not lose momentum.

I'm going to Costco tonight as I have an empty carboy and space on my brewbench.

LOL. :off: Who's hording the apple juice? Who's sitting on 5 gallons of raw apple juice in anticipation of being the

1000th GALLON!

Vegas is now accepting your bets. ;)

Ize

You guys are too kind. :)

and, Yes, I have gallons of Apple Juice waiting for when we get into the 990s. :D

We're not too far off now. C'mon people. Just a little more before we hit.

ONE THOUSAND GALLONS!

Four more gallons make it 948.

As an experiment I made a gallon of apfelwein, a gallon of cranberry apfelwein, a gallon of mulled apfelwein and tossed some ale yeast into the remaining gallon which makes it apfelale I guess.

The ale yeast started fermenting first and fastest. The cranberry took 12 hours longer than the apfelwein and the mulled apfelwein is barely fermenting at all.

4gallonsut3.jpg

I made mine back in October and just saw this on here. So that'll be 5 more to the tally.

Total of 962.7!!

There's not much more now!

Yuri_Rage said:
Man, I don't know if I'm going to get my next batch started before the big 1K!

Great job on a simple, delicious recipe, Ed!

Thanks Yuri! Sounds like you need to build another fermentor! :D

One big 35 gallon batch from you and another 5 gallon batch from me will put us over the top and you'll be set for at least a couple of months. :D

Thanks Ed, you have created an apfelwein monster in the person of my wife! She absolutely loves it and would like to always have some on tap! Which means I have just started two more five gallon batches yesterday.

Total: 972.7 gallons!!!

WOOP WOOP!!

Mine started bubbling this morning....I'm not sure why but it seemed to take a couple of days to take off...I think this is normal though

Thanks Ed! I made a cider like 6mo ago and my gf liked it but isn't thrilled by it....I think she'll dig this more

Plus I made your Bavarian Hefe a while back.....and she really likes it! After tasting it she said "this is really good, how much more is left?" haha then she asked if I could make the "orange one"...took me a while to figgure out she meant blue moon

Thanks again ED!

We're only 27.3 gal away from 1000!

Bender said:
Four more gallons make it 948.

As an experiment I made a gallon of apfelwein, a gallon of cranberry apfelwein, a gallon of mulled apfelwein and tossed some ale yeast into the remaining gallon which makes it apfelale I guess.

The ale yeast started fermenting first and fastest. The cranberry took 12 hours longer than the apfelwein and the mulled apfelwein is barely fermenting at all.

4gallonsut3.jpg

Bender.. You use Cran-apple juice or add cranberrys to the batch?? or Both? Keep us updated.. I love Cran-Apple juice and yet somehow this never occured to me..

SpamDog

I made mine late saturday night, at 5 gallons. I had to go buy a second carboy since my other one was full with the hard lemonade. Oh darn, I guess I just increased my brewing capacity!

Total is at 996.7 gallons!

I've got some going, been going about 2 weeks now I guess. 5 gallon batch.

thread total 1001.7 gal. Woo Hoo!

Back