How many gallons of Brandon O's Graff have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First batch of graff Saturday. 5 gallons.. I expect more to be made in the future.

1729+5 = 1734g

At this point, might it be worthwhile to upsize our units? Assuming cider is measured the same as beer, Wikipedia seems to suggest that 31 gallons= 1 barrel, so 1734 gallons = 55 barrels, 29 gallons. Things get really complicated if you try to do hogsheads...

...actually, maybe gallons are fine.

1734 + 5 = 1739g

I got 4 gallons of fresh pressed cider with no preservatives or pasteurization from a local orchard. I pasteurized it myself, and just bottled yesterday.

Just made my first batch yesterday to recipe, used Motts 100% Juice and 1/2oz cascade...

1807 + 5 = 1812

1812 + 5 = 1817

Also made my first batch yesterday!

Did the all-grain version with 1.25# Marris Otter Pale, 1.25# German Wheat, .5# Crystal 120, .012 Torrified Wheat.

This is what facilitatedthe building of an 88' retaining wall. It's almost gone, gotta brew some more.

1833 + 5 = 1838.

About to bottle my second batch; I tweaked the recipe a bit in an attempt to up the ABV - I'll know if I regret straying from an already excellent, tried-and-true recipe soon. Regardless, I'm starting my third batch tomorrow, and it'll be Brandon's original recipe to the letter (because everyone who tried it loved it, so I have to have it on hand!).

1838 + 5 = 1843

first batch. 5L. minus the volcanic ejection into blowout bottle, let's call it 1 gal. so far smells great; bit of cascade and fresh(ish) granny smiths wrestling in a jug
1872+1=1873

first batch. 5L. minus the volcanic ejection into blowout bottle, let's call it 1 gal. so far smells great; bit of cascade and fresh(ish) granny smiths wrestling in a jug
1872+1=1873

1073+5=1078

I added .25 gallons of organic concord grape juice too to make it a "grapple graff cider"

Back