How many Gallon's of Beer 2015... Interesting Comparison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippy84

Reaction score
Hey!

So the gallons counter is now pretty much at 15,000. I thought I'd make an interesting comparison... it took this collective online homebrew community 7 months to get to 15k gallons... this is approx 100,000 imperial pints in 7 months.

Guinness in St. James gate in Dublin, Ireland (close to where I'm from) brew an average of 3 million imperial pints per day haha. Which means it takes them 48 minutes to do what we got through in 7 months.

Ha!

:mug:

Hey!

So the gallons counter is now pretty much at 15,000. I thought I'd make an interesting comparison... it took this collective online homebrew community 7 months to get to 15k gallons... this is approx 100,000 imperial pints in 7 months.

Guinness in St. James gate in Dublin, Ireland (close to where I'm from) brew an average of 3 million imperial pints per day haha. Which means it takes them 48 minutes to do what we got through in 7 months.

Ha!

:mug:

there should be a little emoticon that says "Fun Killer!":

and then add on top of that the 100s (possibly 1,000s?) of users who don't contribute to that thread... and then the many, many more homebrewers that aren't members of this community.

also, according to the Guinness website, they sell 1,883,200,000 imperial pints a year, which would be the equivalent of 5,155,492 pints a day. But it is brewed in over 50 countries (even though guinness only owns 5 breweries). So assuming one brewery per country, that works out to 103,109 a day per brewery. Lastly, i don't care how sophisticated your equipment is, it doesn't take 48 minutes to brew a beer.

;)

there should be a little emoticon that says "Fun Killer!":

and then add on top of that the 100s (possibly 1,000s?) of users who don't contribute to that thread... and then the many, many more homebrewers that aren't members of this community.

also, according to the Guinness website, they sell 1,883,200,000 imperial pints a year, which would be the equivalent of 5,155,492 pints a day. But it is brewed in over 50 countries (even though guinness only owns 5 breweries). So assuming one brewery per country, that works out to 103,109 a day per brewery. Lastly, i don't care how sophisticated your equipment is, it doesn't take 48 minutes to brew a beer.

;)

Pedantic Pat, how are you doing! Of course there are other variables. I.e. breweries across the globe. Also, 3 million pints of Guinness on average are brewed per day. They brew other products there too... which might bring it upto 5 million. We're not conducting an objective comparison here, I just thought it was beer for thought. I did take into other considerations into account, such as the amount of home brewers on here who haven't logged their 'gallons'... but what's the point in attempting to calculate the likes of this!? Way to try and ruin my fun!

And 48 minutes doesn't at all point to the time it takes them to ferment beer, it points to theoretical (albeit imaginative) amount of time in which they can turn over the same amount of beer as this community's 7 months brewing.

I'm not trying to belittle our home brewing efforts lol, I just think it's amazing.

Back