How many drips is normal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadBeagleBrew

Reaction score
Just got my first kegerator all set up with the Perlick 630SS faucet. After I pour a beer it drips 4 to 10 times, just wondering if this is normal or not. Was expecting one or two drips.

I normally get 2-3 from my Perkicks.

Yup. I run a six pack of 1st gen 525ss faucets and they are nearly guaranteed to drip three times on every pour. It takes about 3 seconds for that last drip to hit the glass.

I had guessed the 630ss would drip 2 times because of the shortened "ledge" just outside of the o-ring. They surely should not be dripping more than the 525ss - and certainly not 10 drips. I'd say that 5 or more drips is cause for concern lest one dawn is greeted by an overflowed drip tray...

Cheers!

That's what I was thinking, I'll run it for a few more days (disconnecting it at night) to see if it's just a break in period of some sort. If not back to the company I ordered my supplies from. Thanks for the quick reply.

Hmm, maybe its not closed all the way?

My perlick 630ss just got and used on my 1st brew. 2-3 drips MAX

Back