How long to boil with Bayou Classic?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnshurtm

Reaction score
I bought one new a couple months ago and I am just geting around to using it. I am boiling some water in a new aluminum pot to condition it and it has been on for about an hour with 6 gallons of water in it. It has gotten to the point where there are small bubbles and a couple are going to the top, but it has been sitting like that for over a half hour.

I have the flames set as high as they can go without the flame leaving the burner (any higher and the gas doesn't ignite until an inch above the burner)

Is it supposed to take this long??? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Marc

Adjust the air adjustment along with the propane regulator so you can open the regulator as much as you can without the flames blowing themselves out.

All of the above. And if that has been done and it's still taking too long, you might need to upgrade your propane burner. I am still using a turkey fryer from Outdoor World. It's good for 5 gallon AG, but very inefficient for my 10 AG batches. I am buying a new one as soon as the boss releases more allowance to me.

I brewed Saturday and adjusted the air intake which made a huge difference. Thank you all.

Back