How Long Have you been brewing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried a Mr. Beer about 14 years ago and it turned out like crap.. So, I swore it was impossible to make good beer at home and moved on with life.
About 2 years ago I had a friends homebrew and fell in love.

It's been a year and a half for me brewing at home now... I've got *about* 20-25 batches done and the "lineup" of what's been made has grown BIGTIME.. Wine, different brews, other mixes...

My first brew was 12-28-07 and to date i have brewed 20 gallons of beer (5 gal. batches). Ever since i started looking into home brewing and researching the whole process I havn't been able to stop!

I've been brewing since June of '07, switched to AG in December. Loving it ...

SWMBO got me a starter kit on Christmas '97. Went AG in 01 or 02, I think. Don't ask me how many batches. I stopped keeping a log ages ago.

I first started brewing in 93 after college. Did extract and mash-extracts for two years and went all grain in 95. I took some time off from 03-06. It was hard to find the time with infants around. :D

I discovered this site last year and really jumped back into it with some much needed equipment upgrades and just started kegging only this year.

Although I considered myself a pretty good brewer pre 06, I must say that this site, and the people who contribute here, have GREATLY inproved my technique, understanding and overall quality of my beers and their consistancy. :mug:

20th anniversary here. First batch was two cans of premier malt extract bought from the local grocery store and I used the yeast that came with it. No hops. Fermented in a 5 gallon bleached restaurant pickle barrel, and I had to come home at lunch to burp the lid because I didn't have an airlock. Turned out...not too bad.

14183-cowbrau1.jpg

Mr. Beer 12/03(?)-10/07(Prolly 8-10 Batches)
Extract 10/07-1/08 (5 Batches)
AG 1/08-Current (4 Batches)

It seems to be growing at a mathematical rate.

Started making wine & Mead back around 1996, and started d=brewing around 1999 and havent stoped!!!

Started in 2001. Took almost 2 years off after my second child was born. Just didn't have the time. Going strong since Feb. of 07 though. 27 batches since then.

Brewed my first batch end of April 2007 and have 17 5-gallon batches under my belt (13 Extract, 4 PM). Planning on kicking it up a notch over the next few months to get my mashing technique down before I go AG this spring/summer (gotta wait for the snow to thaw).

Cheers,

Back