How long have you been brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How long have you been brewing?

• Under 1 year

• 1-2 years

• 2-5 years

• 5-10 years

• 10+ years

Results are only viewable after voting.

user 574

Dirty blonde
Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting to submit a poll on years (or months) of brewing experience we have here.

BTW - I'm a newb. Started Dec 04

Brewing since '93. I gave it up for 5 years when I moved to Germany and 9 breweries in town and 2 more less than a mile from my house. (Why compete?)

I've been back just over a year and brewed up an unknown number of batches last year.

I've been on the road about 9 weeks so far this year and am going for batch #9 tonight (since the new year). :D

Started in December '04

Batch no. 9 bubbling in primary right now.

Found homebrewtalk.com in a panic when the top blew off my fermenter!

I started brewing about almost 2 years ago and I just found this website a few weeks ago. Good stuff.

I started about 6-7 years ago, brewed 22 batches of kit beers then quit. I took a couple years off due to laziness. Last August, I was inspired by the local brewpub and have brewed 9 batches of all-grain beer and one kit since then. I want to catch up to my age... 36. I'm planning something special for that, but by then I'll probably be 37... D'oh!

Brewing since Dec '04. Looks like Santa bought lots of people brewing kits for Christmas? :D

Batch #4 conditioning at the moment and a trip to the brew shop tomorrow hopefully to pick up ingredients for #5.

Been brewing since 93 with a break from 02 - until recently due to a severely broken arm and three surgeries. I've been all-grain from batch 3 or 4 with an occasional extract brew due to time restraints. Won quite a few awards at homebrew contests in Florida, Virginia, and North Carolina. HRB&TS still have a few of the articles I wrote back in 95 - 97 for their newsletters up at their site. Glad to be a part of the forum.

Bunz

PaulHare said:
Brewing since Dec '04. Looks like Santa bought lots of people brewing kits for Christmas? :D

Oh yea, heard that belly came from homebrew, not cookies and such.

Slugburp said:
I've been brewing for 3 weeks now. I'm on my first batch and letting it age for 5 weeks before tasting.
Waiting for the first batch of beer seemed to take forever. If I remember correctly - I set aside a few beers (3 or 4) that I would drink as the weeks went by. That way I got to taste the beer as it evolved.

Back