How Long for Dunkelweizen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franktalk

Reaction score
I just brewed a dunkelweizen. Fermented it open with Munich Classic, and it finished up in less than three days. I racked it to a keg with a spunding valve, and it off-gassed for another day. So I am chilling and carbonating at the same time, and it should be cold and carbonated tonight. Five and a half days! How long should I wait to drink?

Sounds good, Bassman2003! You confirmed what I was thinking. It's just that I didn't trust myself and it seemed so quick from grain to glass. Also, Dunkelweizen is not one of my usual brews. I've only brewed one, and it was years ago. And, this is my first open fermentation. Thanks for your help!

Sounds good, Bassman2003! You confirmed what I was thinking. It's just that I didn't trust myself and it seemed so quick from grain to glass. Also, Dunkelweizen is not one of my usual brews. I've only brewed one, and it was years ago. And, this is my first open fermentation. Thanks for your help!
Weizen beers are one of the few beers that include the yeast in the package. So young is better as long as the trub gets a chance to settle (hopefully there is not much trub to begin with). It is out of the ordinary as we are usually working hard to keep everything out of the final product. Which takes more time.

Back