Software Video??? for ProMash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerdaddy

Reaction score
is there a video on how to use ProMash? if not would someone care to do one so i can see what going on.im haveing trouble understanding the default # like the 17.0 bbl for the batch size and the 50.00 lbs for the grains and the 1.00 lbs for the hops??? if i could see someone use it i may understande it a lil more.

Thanks Les

yes i have looked at the tutorial but this is what pops up when i do

Why can't I get Help from this program?

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which was used in previous versions of Windows and it is not supported in Windows Vista.

For more information, see Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) is no longer included with Windows on the Microsoft support website.

Les

One of the reasons a lot of brewers shy away from promash is the lack of current support and updates. If that also bothers you, you probably want to look at beersmith or beertoolspro, both of which are actively supported products.

I've wondered about a tutorial for Beersmith also. I use it and can get things figured out. But it takes effort, I feel like I'm missing a lot of it's usefulness.

Bobby, have you considered using Beersmith? I'd guess that you are happy with Beertoolspro and will stick with it. I've watched most, maybe all of your videos and am impressed with the job you do. Would love to see a Beersmith vid.

Maybe someone else out there will do one.

I also have Promash. I just opened the help file to check the format. I could not find a format type. It appears that it is written as a Windows "Help" File. You may be able to search the Microsoft web support for a Reader Tool for older versions of Help Files.

Did a little more investigating on Promash.

The Help File is named PROMASH.HLP, on my Windows XP computer it opens with "Windows Winhlp32 Stu" I bet that the Microsoft support site will have a way you can read a .HLP file in Vista.

To answer one of the original questions, it sounds like you have Promash on the 'Pro Brewer' setting which uses much larger default measurement and values. To change to the homebrewer settings (and will let you customize defaults for your own system) use the follow steps:
  1. Options
  2. System Settings
  3. Measurements, Sizes, Precision
  4. for System Mode select 'Home Brewer'
  5. OK
  6. Save As Default
  7. OK
It's worthwhile poking through all the various options under system settings, you can really tweak things to your liking. One of the first things I did was remove all the colours and go with standard black text on white for all the lists and entries. It drove me crazy when I first started using it.

Sorry for reviving an old post, now Microsoft does have a download for users running Vista 64 bit needing to run WinHelp32. See

Also you can reference some addition information on another post of mine.

Latest posts

Back