How is your current pipeline looking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyobrew22

Reaction score
So I have not been at the homebrewing for very long but I have now officially established a pipeline! I have a Biere De Garde in primary, a Patersbier and a Dunkelwiezen in secondary and a Scottish ale an Irish stout a brown ale and a summer ale all in various stages of bottle conditioning. The summer ale is the only one that is "done" and sadly it's almost gone. So how is your spring/summer pipeline looking?

Brewed for the first time last weekend. Made a Irish Red, Wit, and Honey Brown, also Apfelwein been going for 3 weeks now. Not too bad to start. :)

First Brew: February, 2010. In Primary: Robust Porter. In Secondary: Belgian Dark Strong Ale, Amarillo Pale Ale. In the bottle, Conditioning: Belgian Golden Strong Ale, English Pale Ale. In the bottle, Conditioned: Irish Red, Robust Porter, Milk Stout, English Pale Ale, Belgian Blond.

I have a 2 tap kegerator (will be 4 by the end of the year):

tap 1 - raspberry wheat
tap 2 - empty
primary 1 - porter
primary 2 - dogfish 60

will be brewing an oatmeal stout in a week. I just started brewing in march so i think im doing pretty good!

Building a pipeline is always a struggle if there are limited brew days in your schedule, I usually only get one brew in per month, with bringing growlers to friends and to club meetings it goes fast! I think I need to step up to 10 gallon batches so the pipeline builds. Currently I have an Oktoberfest lagering, my APA on tap (almost gone), an irish red on tap (also about gone), I have a Smoked RyePA in primary, a wheat ready to brew on the 1st and a strawberry blonde for the 2nd.

Bottled In Cellar - SimcoMarillo IPA
Bottled In Cellar - BM Centennial Blond
Tap 1 -F.U. Pale Ale
Tap 2 - Yoopers Pale Ale
Fermenter - AmarilliCoe Pale

Mine is looking very healthy - see my signature.

I try to alternate chocolaty/roasty beers with lighter/hoppier ones, throwing in an experimental or sour beer every third or fourth brew or so.

Oatmeal Stout and Oatmeal Pale Ale on tap, Oktoberfest Marzen lagering until september, Brewing an Irish Red This week. So....Pretty low :(

Drinking: true brew ipa and Hank's Hefeweizen
Bottle conditioning: Copper Ale
primary: Raspberry Wheat
Planned: Oberon Clone

Kegs:
Stone Bank Wild ale
Apfelwein

Bottles:
Simple American Wheat
meads

Fermenters:
St. Simon
Simple Kiwi Wit

Next up:
Stone Bank Pride (Special Bitter)
Titania American wheat

Mine is going good. Take a look at my sig. I will be bottling a Hefe today and Brewing tomorrow May 1. Summer is when I brew a lot. I have our first kid on the way in October so I have to build the pipeline up for the winter. I will be buying some more kegs so I can keep stuff on tap.

Brew on
Craigbrew

I just kegged my Honey ale, I have a Scottish that has been bottled for a month and is carbing very slowly, I also have BM's Blonde Haus Ale bottled and should be ready to drink in a few days. So for now its healthy, up next is Stone pale Ale clone.

In the sig. I rarely allow vessels to remain empty for more than a week. Once I buy another poppet valve I'll have four beers in "conditioning".

11 batches total ranging from freshly brewed to nearly kicked.

I try and brew every other weekend because I want to make sure the pipeline is always somewhat full. It gets hard when you always bring at least a sixer to a friends and two monthly HBC meetings. Good thing i am obsessed about brewing. In addition to what I have in my sig. I have a failed AB Clone ( Not sure what the hell happened yet, So I'm waiting it out).

Bottled a 2 Hearted last night.
Fermenting
Hard Lemonade
Peach Wheat
All Amarillo Pale Ale
Apfelwine
Sake (Clearing in Secondary) I wish this would finish already so I can do my first lager

Hmmm, let's see.

Drinking
1) My hoegaarden Clone, 2) My vienna Lager, 3) My tortilla chip centennial cream ale (was 1/2 # short of flaked maize so subbed 100% all natural low salt tortilla chips instead- fantastic.) 4) A couple of bottles of the Chocolate Mole Porter I got a Bronze for at the World Expo of Beer HB comp.

Bottle carbing/ conditioning
1 case of an amber ale made from the 2nd runnings of my New Years Eve Partygyle (it needs some time to smooth it out a bit.) 1 case of Bourbon Oaked DIPA made with "Date Sugar" (rehydrated dates pureed and boiled with 1 pound of brown sugar and 1tbs molasses.)

Bulk Aging/Secondarying/Tertiary
"Auld Lang Syne Old Ale" (First runnings of New Year's Eve Partigyle. In tertiary for bulk aging after having been secondaried for a week in toasted bourbon soaked oak chips. Basically a bumped up version of the "Poor Richard's Ale/Ben Franklin Recipe.) 5 gallons of Apfelwein. 1 gallon of Date Wine.

Primary
3- 2.5 gallon home grain roasting experimental pale ales. #1 Grain test Pale Ale (dry toasted) #2 Grain test Pale Ale (soaked in sugar solution then toasted) # 3 Grain Test Pale Ale (soaked in water then toasted) [Basic recipe is 5# 2-row + 1# home roasted grain, EKG hops, US-05 yeast]

Brewing Tomorrow
Leffe Belgian Blonde Clone (2.5 gallons of it will be racked over peaches for a case of peachy keen Blonde Ale.)

I feel like I'm missing something else though.

I thought my pipeline was going good. But now I only have 1 full keg for a spare and am expecting to kick one within a week or two. I've been lazy and have had 2 ready to keg for about 2 weeks. I need to get going!

I broke my thermometer last brew and it took me a month to order a replacement. So not only am I behind on kegging but also on brewing. I usually brew 2 batches every 2 weeks. I'm hoping there won't be a drought.

I've got 8 cornies, it's a struggle to keep them full. I try to do a mix of low-grav stuff to keep on tap and some long-aging bottle stuff. I also decided to do a crazy specialty beer for the Sam Adams longshot, so that's taking up space and it pushed back my long-term brewing schedule. I didn't brew from Christmas until March, so my secondaries are empty but that'll change soon.

Right now I have:

Bottled: BDSA
On tap: Fuggles IPA, California common, Irish stout
Ready to tap: Pale Scottish 80/-, Centennial IPA
Primary (mid term): Saison
Primary (long-term): Oaked vanilla/maple/juniper barleywine
Primary (Short term/Longshot): Specialty witbier variant

On deck (long term): Ancho Villa (spiced imperial stout, inspired by Cigar City Hunahpu's and by OldSock's Mexican imperial), Oud Bruin (inspired by Lost Abbey Red Poppy), Bugged saison
On deck (Mid-term): Bohemian pilsner

The BDSA is nearly gone, leaving me with nothing bottled as special occasion stuff; hopefully the barleywine will be drinkable by Christmas or soon thereafter and I'll have the imperial stout and the Oud Bruin following on its heels.

kegged: Dead guy( John style), honey APA, Kolsch, hoppy amber
dry hopping: West coast IPA
fermenting: barleywine and barleywines baby
planned: Simple APA and Blonde

mine is looking grim. I've got about half a keg of graff, a vienna pseudo-lager about to be kegged, and about a six pack of various left overs. The next brewday is somewhere beyond the horizon, so i may just cry when one of my kegs gives me the dreaded foam of death.

Strangely ironic that a reverend would inspire envy, isn't it?

Well...I'm working on mine. I ran out awhile back and decided that was not going to happen again.....summer is looking supplied.

Kegged: Haus Pale
Bottled: Strong Ale, Haus Pale
Secondary: Fat tire Clone, Highland Oatmeal Porter Clone, Dead Guy Clone
Primary: Coldwater 420
Brewing this week: Stone Ruination Clone and Haus Pale

Terrible. I can't keep up. My 6 tap keggerator has only been fully stocked once, for a few days, and I've brewed 100gal this year already. My family is always wanting kegs for different events. Right now I have 2 beers on tap. Brewing my Extra Stout and Imperial Black Ale Sunday for a wedding.

KEGS - barleywine, apfelwein, Rye IPA, Amarillo SMaSH.

Bottled - Torpedo clone, Apfelwein, Breakfast Stout, 1 lb hops IPA.

Workin - Oaked Arrogant Bastard, cranapfelwein

2 kegs Pale ale one of which is tapped

2 kegs Oktoberfast one of which is tapped

1 keg apfelwein on tap

About 1/2 a keg of Pilsner left

10 gallons Hefe being kegged this weekend

5 gallons SA Boston ale clone in primary

Doing a mild brown this weekend

next week starting a Saison brew

I'll have a lot more going in June retiring May 31st:D

I'm not including bottles because I have them crammed in every available refrigerator/lagerator/keezer/laundry room spot. I need to get a wine cooler or something for bottles. Everything on tap is over half full.

Keezer (6 keg cap.):
Barrel-aged Porter #2 - tap
Northern English Brown - tap
Indian River Pale Ale - tap
Brooklyn-ish Lager - tap
Barrel-aged Porter #3 - on gas
English IPA - on gas

Lagerator:
Marzen - carbed in serving keg
Helles - brewing/going in tomorrow

Laundry Room waiting for an open spot:
2-Hearted-ish Ale
American Pale Ale #1
American Pale Ale #2 (these 2 were my first 10 gal. batch, different yeasts)

Fermenting:
Scottish 80/-

EDIT: congrats on retirement springer...so jealous.

Drinking
Brown Ale: 1 Keg on tap
Fire Rock Pale Ale Clone: 1 Case of 22s and going quick.

Fermenting
Ginger Blonde Ale: Secondary
Johnny Jump Up Cider: Primary
Stone IPA Clone: Primary

I love playing this game; I've been brewing a lot this year, per my list. I'm getting my timings down so I can pull a batch after work without losing time on too many other things (I take a bike ride during the mash, clean at different times, etc).

Fermenting:
Two different batches Amer. Red
Two different batches IPA
Cider

Kegged and available based on where I move a hose:
Rye Pale
Maibock
Porter
Coffee Porter
Oak Bourbon Porter
Blonde
Old Ale
Honey Oat
Nut Brown
Belgian Dubbel
Double IPA
Wee Heavy
Cider

Bottled:
Old Ale
RIS with and without coffee and bourbon

Sadly, I'm not going to be able to brew at all in May though, too much going on.

Mine's looking pretty sad, really. Brewed up some Honey Orange Hefe for a party so that was gone overnight. And I've been so busy with the last month of school that I didn't even realize the keg of amber was low and now I'm dry! But here's what's up:

- Maple Cream Ale, which fermented WAY too warm and the yeast threw off a bunch of sulfur... so that's going to sit at 40* for quite some time.
- Barleywine, has been sitting in carlo rossi jugs since October and will likely be bottled soon. Bottling procrastination gets pretty heavy when it's only 2 gallons
- Dunkelweizen, being brewed today once I'm out of class
- Necessary precautions have been taken to prevent another dry pipeline. Up next is a tripel, followed shortly by BM's Centennial Blonde. That way the blonde will be ready by the time we'll be brewing another beer for mid-summer, and the tripel will be done by the end of summer. Problem solved :D

On Tap:
Vanilla Oatmeal Stout (for SWMBO)
Blond
Pilsen Lager
Dortmunder

Kegged:
Vienna Lager
Dortmunder
English Brown

Primary:
Oatmeal Stout
Dortmunder

Up next:
Irish Red
IPA

That is really creative. :mug:

Blame it on having read Radical Brewing, and having the "Iron Brewer" episode on basic brewing when I realized I was short of maize.

I looked over at the bag of tortilla chips sitting there in front of me, and thought "Hey, it's cooked corn mush....it might work."

It worked out great, I may try in again using a full pound rather than mixing it with maize.

My pipeline is nearly all the way empty. I've been planning to move soon and deliberately haven't brewed anything since around January. I have 5 gallons of mead that's been sitting for nearly 10 months, though. Going to have to do something about that soon.

Mine took a hit a couple weekends ago, so a lot of what I have listed I am getting low on (I honestly started with Mr.Beer products and made the jump to my own recipes a few batches ago. So I still have some Mr.B stuff left). Just brewed an 8.5 gal batch last night, have a 2 gal batch ready to bottle and a 5 gal batch of Hef in the secondary. Will be getting a corny keg system within a week or 2 and turning an old fridge into a kegerator.

On Deck:
RemDawg Red
Big Dog IPA v.2
Mike's American Lager
Fermenting:
10gal: #16 Big Dog IPA v.1 (4/29)
6.5gal:
2.4gal:
2.4gal:
2.4gal:
Secondary:
#14 Bad Ref Hef (4/27)
Cold Crashing:
#15 Fenway Pale Ale (4/29)
Carbonating:
#11 Extra Innings Pale Ale (4/20)
#12 Beelzebub Brew (A Devilish Red) (4/22)
#13 Green Monster IPA v.1 (4/27)
Conditioning:
#10 Happy Dick IPA (modified ADIPA) (4/25)
#9 "McLee's Cinco De Lime-o" (3/27)
#8 ADIPA (with Cascade & Willamette hops) (3/24)
#7 Hopified Bewitched Red (aka "Wicked RedSox Ale") (3/25)
#6 First Pitch Pilsner (cold crashed for 3 days) (3/6)
#5 West Coast Pale Ale - Modified with Cascade & Centennial hops (aka "Spawn") (3/3)
#4 Classic American Blonde Ale (2/16)
#3 Bewitched Red Ale (2/17)
Gone:
#2 American Devil IPA (aka "River")
#1 Cowboy Golden Lager

I feel like I'm in pretty good shape, at the moment.

I've got a full batch of Honey Blonde 2 weeks in bottles, at the moment.

And I'm about one week in primary for my Bavarian Hefeweizen, and 3 days in primary for my Belgian Wit.

Both the hefe and the wit are going into kegs.

I've got a new ball lock arriving on Monday, so it looks like I'll be needing to knock another one out pretty quick. It might start to get lonely.

Now I've just gotta cope with the fact that I've only got a 6-pack of my Celis Raspberry left...

Check the sig. The pale ale, chocolate coffee stout, and imperial IPA are all but gone. The Irish red looks like it'll soon follow. :(

My dark Belgian is going to take some time to full develop and the saison still needs 2 weeks in the primary. Luckily I picked up the ingredients for a Blackberry Honey Wheat beer which I expect a quick turnaround for.

Hmmm, let's see.

Primary
3- 2.5 gallon home grain roasting experimental pale ales. #1 Grain test Pale Ale (dry toasted) #2 Grain test Pale Ale (soaked in sugar solution then toasted) # 3 Grain Test Pale Ale (soaked in water then toasted) [Basic recipe is 5# 2-row + 1# home roasted grain, EKG hops, US-05 yeast]

Revvy

You have a thread discussing this home roasting? I'm going to try some this weekend but would love to hear your results.

I have, in kegs, American Amber, American Brown with some fermentation flaws I may dump, belgian dark strong, an oaked cider that I may add rum and spices too, hefe which will die at my clubs maifest party next weekend, premium american lager, IIPA, braggot, old ale, RIS, 70/-,cherry melomel and southern brown (probably forgetting some stuff).

In bottles, northern brown, ordinary bitter, APA, roggenbier.

Primary: baltic porter, blueberry melomel, pyment

ETA: 2x perry in secondary

Revvy

You have a thread discussing this home roasting? I'm going to try some this weekend but would love to hear your results.

No I haven't done a thread, since until it is bottled and conditioned, I have no results to talk about.

Basically I just took a pan and dry toasted each pound on the stove top, like one does spices or rice. The only one that was slightly different was the one soaked in water. After doing it in the pan, it was still moist, so I stuck it in a low oven til it dried. The sugar solution one pretty much carmelized on the grain of the third one. And boy, it was tasty. If you ever want to make your own breakfast cereal, make up a batch of sugar smacked two-row. I probably screwed up the results by eating so much of it. :D

If there is anything conclusive about the toasting I'll post something.

Sad......very sad. I just bottled 2 batches, and now all of my equipment is empty.

Back