How I take apart my Sanke Keg stems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice.. now all we need is someone who can make that tool for those of us without access to huge chunks of aluminum, the ability to knurl aluminum, or make the notches in a big old chunk of aluminum! ;)

My standard has always been to use a thick walled PVC with notches cut out to achieve this goal. Possibly another approach for folks to try.

Good job.

What would you consider the right price?
Considering it’s aluminum that you can get extruded for $15/ft, which you could make ~5 from, along with the fact that a piece of hack sawed PVC could do the same job, I’d ballpark it at $20. If it was steel, might pay more because of improved durability, but not sure the increased machining time would pay off.

With all things considered I value my time at more than 15 dollars.

I figured as much, but asked and answered. All free hand would take a lot of time, but creating a fixture or two, I thought you might be able to get time down and run 10-20 pieces in a day that would net you 300-400 bucks for a day’s work.

Back