How good is Fat Tire?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't tried it on tap, but just finished a 6 of bottles. Far from my favorite commercial brew - way too bland for my tastes. I really like SNPA and SANP much better (much bitter?). Anyway, I need more hops in beer......

I had a friend that brought it back from PA. I didn't think it was particularly amazing. Nothing particularly belgian about it, and it had a thin body. Just tasted like an average brown ale to me.

Fat tire is a great beer if you are having a gathering of people with a wide range of beer tastes. I would never buy it for myself, but if I needed commercial beer for an occasion and knew it would be a mix of craft/BMC types, I'd just go with fat tire and call it a party.

Personally, it tastes very bland to me.

heres the thing with Fat Tire. Yes it is a great mass produced and distributed beer. However, by the time most people have had it, it's been hyped up beyond belief. So, normally the drinker is let down becasue its not heaven in a bottle like they were expecting.

But it is a great amber ale. ANd if you can get it on tap its even better

Back