How does this look?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjward101

Reaction score
Not sure myself.

ForumRunner_20110701_195248.jpg

Looks like yeast to me. Or, excess sewage from a drain (Just kidding).

I wouldn't worry about it.

How long into the fermentation is this? Also, I'm assuming that this is in the primary correct?

Looks like yeast to me. Or, excess sewage from a drain (Just kidding).

I wouldn't worry about it.

How long into the fermentation is this? Also, I'm assuming that this is in the primary correct?

noooo. drain sewage was my last beer :)

it is in primary, and has been for about 16 days now. my gravity has remained unchanged for 6 days now...its a very light extract only batch that i was trying out for a quick turn around while getting my pipeline back in action.

It's all in the gravity. If, as you say, it's been the same for 3 days now, then it's done fermenting. You can leave it in primary to allow the yeast to clean up after themselves ( I usually leave it for 2 weeks in primary). A little bit of Krausen can be normal.

Yeah looks normal, probably that crud will start sinking in the next few days. By 21 days I typically have only little tiny rafts of crud on the surface, but up until a few days before that it's a bloody mess in there.

looks like beer... UNinfected beer too.... nice try at being to still claim you never started a is-my-beer-infected post... j/k of course, we've all been there.

Another way you can feel pretty confident that you aren't infected is by the fact that your wort isn't continuing to drop in gravity.

By the way, what is the current SG?

Back