How do you drink your mead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZ-beekeeper

Reaction score
I am brand new to this forum, but my first successful batch was derived from a vanilla mead (minus the vanilla!) on this site. The base had black tea (for tannin I suppose), and the result is very smooth and drinkable after only a couple of months. The next batch is the same, but with spiced added.

The question is this: How do you drink yours?

It is winter here in NZ, the fire is on, and I am enjoying a tipple or three:drunk: I am drinking it as one would a red wine, room temp, or slightly on the blood temp side.

Do you drink it hot, warm, chilled? Still, sparkling? With friends, alone? Winter, summer? etc.

I drink it all ways; hot, cold, room temp, mulled, from a wine glass, from a coffee mug, etc...
Regards, GF.

Usually chilled, but I'm in the tropics. Have made a couple of sparkling meads (force carbed) which were popular.

Depends on the individual mead, to me...some taste better cold, some@ambient temp, some in-between (have never tried warming it, does not appeal to me)...I enjoy both still and sparkling, although sparkling typically cold...it's all good :)

Generally room temp and still for me. Warm and mulled is a nice treat in the winter though, and chilled can be nice on a hot summer day, though it diminishes the flavor quite a bit.

I'm not a fan of carbonated mead, though, comes across too "champagney" for me.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Still to nearly still and refrigerated around 50-55F. Maybe I'll let it come up as I sip on a second serving. I finish it right off if it starts to approach room temp.

I've only had nasty ass Chaucer warmed and with the spice pack. Did not like.

Latest posts

Back