How do you close account?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone... i love this forum..but i keep fu$$ing up brews and throwing away hard earned pay... i have to quit or my bank will run dry...its a sad reality i have to face and i dont know what im gonna do with myself..actually i can keep buying beer i forgot about that

You can't really close your account. It'll be active unless you are banned for some reason. You can certainly choose not to visit, but the content you've posted is relatively permanent. You're welcome back anytime!

beerbeerbeer123 said:
Everyone... i love this forum..but i keep fu$$ing up brews and throwing away hard earned pay... i have to quit or my bank will run dry...its a sad reality i have to face and i dont know what im gonna do with myself..actually i can keep buying beer i forgot about that

I say you take a break from brewing. Take that time to research things out here on HBT while you buy your beer. When you feel like you've really done your homework and have saved up some money give it another shot.
FWIW I can give you my recipe for cider that's pretty much fool proof and very cheap to make. I'd hate to see someone give up for your reasons when you could be saving money while drinking great beer you made yourself. Especially if you've already made the initial investment. Just my two cents, shoot me a PM if your interested in giving my cider recipe a go.

I assume you have the basics. If so, you can make great beer relatively cheap and still learn. Don't make huge beers. Make something really simple and master it. If you are a DIY person, get creative.

If you don't mind me asking, just how are the beers going south on you? Can you pinpoint a particular event that seems to go wrong in each batch, or are they all different? On a related note, what sort of equipment are you using - in particular, what sort of primary fermenter are you using, and how are you cooling the wort after the boil?

If it's a matter of infections, then you might want to look at your sanitation procedures, and possibly replace some of your equipment (I know, that's just more money out the door, but if you have a fermentation bucket with an uncleanable scratch in it that is harboring bacteria, you are better off getting rid of it rather than ruining the beer).

If it's a matter of the beer not turning out to you satisfaction, I would take a step back, read up on the processes, and try following one of the established recipes from the recipe database here. Think out what kind of beer you want to make, and go through the whole thing slowly, step by step. If you aren't sure what to make, try something like Centennial Blonde (extract versions can be found here).

Whatever you do, definitely RDWHAHB. In the end, it is only beer and only money, and while both are important, the amounts of both involved are nothing to stress about.

Hiding something from the wife? DELETE! Ha ha ha ha.

Back