How do you CLEAN your glass carboys?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By far the easiest way I've found to clean bottles is by putting them in my dishwasher. 2 hours before I want to bottle I put 50 bottles face down in my dishwasher with NO DETERGENT (nothing). Then it just runs with hot water for 60-75 minutes. I don't open the door until I'm ready to bottle. In the 15 or so brews I've done this way, zero have been infected. It cuts all that washing time down to the amount of time it takes to load and unload the dishwasher. Plus I bottle right next to my dishwasher so I just take them out 1 at a time while I bottle.

By far the easiest way I've found to clean bottles is by putting them in my dishwasher. 2 hours before I want to bottle I put 50 bottles face down in my dishwasher with NO DETERGENT (nothing). Then it just runs with hot water for 60-75 minutes. I don't open the door until I'm ready to bottle. In the 15 or so brews I've done this way, zero have been infected. It cuts all that washing time down to the amount of time it takes to load and unload the dishwasher. Plus I bottle right next to my dishwasher so I just take them out 1 at a time while I bottle.

I haven't had much luck with the dishwasher, but I do use the dishwasher. I open it and place my bottle on the door, the bucket sits on top and any spills go straight into the dishwasher, great way to save on clean up time after wards.

Back