how do you clean your CFC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 25 foot CFC, after every batch I run high pressure water through it. before every batch I do the same, then run boiling wort until its sanitized....but it seems to me that the speed is slowing down significantly... any ideas? a nice 30 foot piper cleaner would be a great idea....

Also, reverse the circulation direction a couple of times.

IF no pump, then gravity feed hot PBW solution until the pipe is full and let set over night or longer, then flush.

For my plate CFC:
After PBW cleaning I've also forced extra gunk out by connecting silicon hoses to each end of the CFC, one to my faucet (about 40 PSI) and other end pointing into my deep sink in the garage (there will be splatter), pinching the output hose to let the pressure build which may include a weak spot in the hose to bulge a little and then release quickly. I get a strong spit of water and several particles. Then reverse the CFC and do again until the output is clear.

When you say high pressure, how high is it? I wonder if anyone has figured out how to safely connect your type of CFC to a pressure washer!

no pump, i shall do a hot PBW blast...makes sense

I have a thing that goes on the end of the hose, and makes it from hose size to 5/16th size. pretty good velocity

Latest posts

Back