How do I do this?...Manual switch burner controls

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikelikesit2000

Reaction score
This is what I would like to be able to have.

I am building my single tier brute. I am not looking for total automation. However, I would like to basically be able to turn on my main gas supply valve, flip a switch, and viola, flame. I know that I will use a needle type valve to adjust the flame. I want this ability on all 3 HIGH pressure propane burners individually.

So what do I need, and how do I set it up?

I am guessing that I will need some furnace control boxes, and some high pressure gas valves, and the switches of my choice.

Thanks for any help guys.

To start you will need a solenoid valve like an ASCO, a temperature controller and some switches. The valves are not cheap and usually you only need to have two burners regulated as the 3rd is for a standard boil which can be lit by hand when you need it. You can forgo the temp controller and wire the valve strait to a switch but I do not know why you would want to.

To start you will need a solenoid valve like an ASCO, a temperature controller and some switches. The valves are not cheap and usually you only need to have two burners regulated as the 3rd is for a standard boil which can be lit by hand when you need it. You can forgo the temp controller and wire the valve strait to a switch but I do not know why you would want to.
Becauce I work in and around the heating and AC business, I was able to get my hands on three 1/4" Asco valves.

What do I need now for the pilot setup? Is there an easy, affordable way to make these auto setups? Or should I just run a piece of tubing with needle valves for a pilot light?

Latest posts

Back