How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been reading about Homebrewing for years and every freaking time I search for anything, HBT magically appears! Seriously, you guys are everywhere! So I had to be part of the pack, right? Better late than never I guess...

I am a hobby spirits distiller. My wife sees how much fun I have doing that and she bought me a Brewer's Best Red Ale kit to expand my horizons. Hopefully I don't sail off the edge! My distilling site recommends Homebrew Talk here, and being a free-thinker I do what they say.

I'm going to tackle this Red Ale kit this Saturday and have read and re-read the instructions so I'm not flying completely blind. I've never brewed a beer in my life and am quite nervous. My grain shop guy is delighted I'm distilling AND brewing. I saw him with a new boat catalog to celebrate.

Is there a magic talisman or secret lucky spell you brewers can impart on this newbie moron?

I am a hobby spirits distiller. My wife sees how much fun I have doing that and she bought me a Brewer's Best Red Ale kit to expand my horizons. Hopefully I don't sail off the edge! My distilling site recommends Homebrew Talk here, and being a free-thinker I do what they say.

I'm going to tackle this Red Ale kit this Saturday and have read and re-read the instructions so I'm not flying completely blind. I've never brewed a beer in my life and am quite nervous. My grain shop guy is delighted I'm distilling AND brewing. I saw him with a new boat catalog to celebrate.

Is there a magic talisman or secret lucky spell you brewers can impart on this newbie moron?
The mantra is: "Relax, don't worry, have a home brew." abbreviated as RDWHAHB.

Brew on :mug:

The mantra is: "Relax, don't worry, have a home brew." abbreviated as RDWHAHB.

Brew on :mug:
Thank you, Doug. That pretty much summed up my life philosophy for years with one exception: "...have a ̶h̶o̶m̶e̶ brew."
Your response (and a good night's sleep) has helped to ease me into this exciting world of brewing.

found the site via googleing questions and this site had a lot of the answers to what I was asking so it was a no brainer! started my first batch last night. just a gallon to get started the basic so far 1 gal water 1 lb honey yeast and yeast nutrient. not sure if im going to make it a melomel or not yet might go for a metheglin by adding lavender to the secondary. any thoughts?

Happened across a forum about WLP005 6 months ago when I was researching my first brew. Since then I’ve been using HBT as my brew encyclopedia.

Hello all. I haven’t brewed in 10 years so when I was recently searching for info this site kept popping up. So I thought, “what the heck, just sign up already.” Glad to be starting up again in a new house vs. tiny townhouse. Can’t wait to be more involved. Thanks for having me.

Hello all. I haven’t brewed in 10 years so when I was recently searching for info this site kept popping up. So I thought, “what the heck, just sign up already.” Glad to be starting up again in a new house vs. tiny townhouse. Can’t wait to be more involved. Thanks for having me.

Welcome to HBT, and welcome back to brewing! Let us know how your new setup in your new house works out.

Welcome to HBT, and welcome back to brewing! Let us know how your new setup in your new house works out.
Thanks @MaxStout. I’m dipping my toe back in but foreseeing jumping in the deep end. I have my all grain keggle equipment but want to try BIAB 3 gallons before going back to big batches. I also roast my own coffee so I have to share that space.

Last edited:
Thanks @MaxStout. I’m dipping my toe back in but foreseeing jumping in the deep end. I have my all grain keggle equipment but want to try BIAB 3 gallons before going back to big batches. I also roast my own coffee so I have to share that space.

Looks like a good game plan. In winter I do some 2.5 gal BIAB batches on the kitchen stove. A great way to experiment a little.

There's an active (and quite lengthy) coffee-roasting thread on HBT, in case you haven't found it yet.

Researching home brewing several years ago, and found homebrew talk, amoung another one I liked, but is no longer active.

Hi, I found you in all searches I do in Internet about homebrewing. You are an invaluable resource of information

I was looking for information on a couple of particular beers and stumble upon this site. I am not a home brewer but have several friends that are and have turned them on to the site.

Good insight from the crowd I have interacted with. Hope you don’t mind me hanging around even if I am not part of the fraternity!

I was looking for information on a couple of particular beers and stumble upon this site. I am not a home brewer but have several friends that are and have turned them on to the site.

Good insight from the crowd I have interacted with. Hope you don’t mind me hanging around even if I am not part of the fraternity!

By all means, hang out with us! Ask questions, give ideas, etc. We'll turn you to the dark side and make a home brewer out of you, eventually. ;)

My Buddy, a former brewer, recommended that I join this group to learn more about home brewing! I have some extract brewing under my belt, and I am currently building my all grain, electric home brewery !

Researching mead recipes, equipments, methods, yeasts, and everything about mead. HBT popped up every time. Figured I should sign up and see where everything goes now that I have a batch fermenting!

I became aware of HBT as a professional brewer. Occasionally if I was looking for information related to brewing with an obscure ingredient HBT was the only real resource that had any information on it. If it's strange, mysterious, and can somehow be used in beer then it's likely a homebrewer out there somewhere has tried it.

was looking for home brews.. Just got my first all grain stuff... done a bunch of extract but now ready for all grain... Its impressive how many brewers are more than welcome to help everyone out.. Very impressive.. Hopefully some day I can give advice..

I became aware of HBT as a professional brewer. Occasionally if I was looking for information related to brewing with an obscure ingredient HBT was the only real resource that had any information on it. If it's strange, mysterious, and can somehow be used in beer then it's likely a homebrewer out there somewhere has tried it.

I have learned that nothing is too obscure for HBT. Sort of like Rule 34. If it exists, and it's brewing-related, there's an HBT thread for it.

I recently became interested in home brewing as a hobby, and read about it and finally purchased a beer making kit from a local supplier. This man also owns a brewery and has been making beer for 30 years, and part of the deal in buying the kit was that he allowed me and my son to come over and brew our first beer at his place. I was immediately hooked. I currently have that beer (Kolsch) ready to rack to secondary and should brew a Wheat Beer this weekend.

I Googled "mead forum" and wound up here. I don't even like beer, but I have a friend who homebrews and it all looks really interesting.

I Googled "mead forum" and wound up here. I don't even like beer, but I have a friend who homebrews and it all looks really interesting.

Every time I hear somebody say "I don't like beer", I think "You just haven't tried the right beer!"

Back