How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This all started as a hobby and has since become an obsession. I've found HomeBrewTalk to be the most obsessive... In a good way of course... Uh, I think anyway.

Cheers,
Matt

I was looking for some information on how to brew the famous "Rocky Raccoon Crystal Malt Lager." It immediately took me to your site. My story is that I used to brew alot about 20 years ago. I was an intermetiate level home brewer. But then we had kids and I sidelined the brewing for 20 year. Then one day, my son asks me how hard it would be to make beer. i gave hime an earfull and now I'm back into it, but I'm showing him how to do it. Well I selected the Rocky Raccoon as my brew that we would do together. I vaguely recalled that back in the day, i followed the Papazian recipie and then a brew buddy suggested that I try it with an additional 1 lb of Crystal malt in the boil. It was good back then.
My son and I did the brew and it's only 4 days and it looks like primary fermentation is subsiding. I thought that was too early.

My room temperature is lower than optimal so i thought i needed a heat belt on the brew but it didnt seem to need it in the 1st day or so. I looked at the yeast i used and couldnt tell whether it was an ale or lager yeast. So, i dont know what to do other than transfer it to the secondary fermentor now and go from there.

Any Thoughts? Also thanx for this forum and I think i will really enjoy it.

Ian Ross

Google! I have been looking for recipes, and this site consistently comes up. The database in particular, once I found that I was hooked. Love this site :)

I had been using the BeerAdvocate forums app on my iPhone, when I googled "best homebrew forums" and HomeBrewTalk was number one. Can't argue with the Google!

Put me down as another Google search.

You'll probably be happy to know that I came across the forum a lot while doing research, looking up recipes, and other random hb searches.

I decided today I might as well join the nonsense.

Don't recall on which site but clicked on a google-ads generated banner link..and presto I got here...Looks like a lot of reading to learn! :) Which is good- the learning part! LOL

i kept searching on bing (ha ha, f u google) whenever i needed to know something when i first started brewing, and homebrewtalk pages were always at the top of the list, and had the best info. Took me 4 weeks of doing this to finally sign up

It's in the Palmer book--something apparently a lot of people have discovered, and also that it's not defined.

So I was searching Google for it, and found one answer on HomeBrewTalk.

That's how I found you.

Greetings. I actually downloaded the app on my android and really liked the content, so decided to sign up. Thanks for all you do in bringing together all levels of brewing into a very useful and entertaining forum. :mug:

Friend of mine was tired of me texting him for questions, and said a lot of good information could be found here. He never heard from me again.

Michael Jordan the Bee Whisper and Jack Spirko of the Survival podcast. They are heavily into hard cider and mead making.

I found this by searching questions related to brewing. I signed up because there seem to a lot of knowledgeable and friendly folk on the site.

Google, but more specifically I've been searching tons of questions I have about brewing leading up to my first brew day and almost every answer came from this site. Figured that is a good sign and joined up.

reddit.com/r/homebrewing !

Reddit's the first place I go when I want to research a hobby to get into, lots of great posts there that lead me here.

Pinterest ... I was researching homebrewing leading up to my first brew day and most of the stuff I clicked on lead me here!!

Found you on Google search for nutmeg in beer :) My grown children bought me a one gallon kit for Christmas and now I'm hooked!
Thanks for all the info so far!

Back