How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found the forum whilst recipe hunting online. Good info here - I've started checking the threads here first for any questions I have.

Hello brew talk
As a new home brewer family we have decided to join a forum and see if we can find the support we are looking for. As well many times I have found the answers to questions here on Brew Talk, So here we are and look forward to many new friends in this crazy addictive hobby.
TR

kept searching for misc. beer questions, and kept running across this forum. Lots of good info here, so i decided to join and lurk, rather than just lurk anonomsly

Google and brewerfan.net. Not about brewing at all. They are a Brewers website. There is however a very long running thread in the off topic forum about beer.

Hey All,

My name is Doug and I am very new to brewing. I am using the Ale Pail kit with the glass carboy. I have made a successful IPA (Brewer's Best Kit) and will be trying the American Cream Ale (Brewer's Best Kit) tonight during the football game. The IPA was delicious and very exciting to make. When I first placed the grains to steep I couldn't get over the fact that I was actually making BEER. :) Since my first two batches were pre-measured kits I decided to buy the separate ingredients and try a very simple Hefeweizen. It's still an Extract beer but still exciting measuring out the right amount of what I needed etc. Also, I haven't used the glass carboy yet and I definately will for this 3rd batch. Oh, and by the way, Google can do some amazing things like find this place. Now I have you saved on my computer and on my phone.

Just for the hell of it i began to research how to make your own wine... After browsing several sites and searching for more and more information I always ended up back here! So im using this as my primary source to discover the trials and errors of my own brewing. I decided to start out giving wine and cider a try and hopefully after i get a better handle on things and the capitol required I will move on to my favorite... Beer... I feel as if that might take awhile though. :tank:

i googled "best homebrew forum on the interwebz" and boom. here i am.

i'm on batch #2...expect questions...

What a find this site has been! I found HBT by googling "Did I ruin my first batch" ...then I proceeded to read every single post in that sticky.

No, I did not ruin my first batch. My Nottingham yeast was slow to start (batch number seems to be having that issue). But being the 1st level beer nerd that I am, my first inclination was to assume the worst. I should remember an old adage from the reef keeper's hobby: "Nothing Good Happens Fast"

After wanting to brew my own beer for about twenty years and my son-in-law drinking all the beer that I would buy, I finally did a google search and found this great site! I am now getting ready to brew my sixth batch!

I first found out about this site when a friend of mine gave me the recipe for Ed's Appfelweizen about a year ago. I finally made a batch a couple months ago, which I am drinking right now, as a matter of fact. Fanfuggintastic!

I've been brewing for several years, and the internet is my go-to for all info brew-related. I'm sure I've read many posts from this site in the past, but just never really got it into my thick skull to sign up. I'm glad I did. Lots of information here!

I googled Home Brew and stumbled upon it. I liked all of the info so now I'm here for a good long time.

I am happy to introduction myself, i am anna, from china , currently i as a busniess manager in the www.efoxshop.com. i was surfing on internet to find the homebrewtalk, so wonderful website.

Ive been Brewing beer for over 25 years. I took a 10 hiatus from regular brewing and now am back and rebuilding my Ol School gas fired HERMS system.. I am initially a beer expert who left and became a Wine expert and now I am revisiting it all again.. First Brew session with-in 30 days.. Ive got tons of Questions so look for me.. LOL

googled "RIMS" and "Fermentation chamber".

Became hooked on a couple of very interesting threads especially in the DIY and Yeast and Fermentation sections.

I've consulted threads on this site dozens of times as the continued result of Google searches. Figured I'd stop beating around the bush and open an account.

Google.
Been cruising around the threads for a few weeks. Very enjoyable reading...and ive learned a lot. I'm a newbie. Working on third batch.

I was having a long, drawn-out fermentation on a brew, and was trying to figure out why. So I googled looking for a homebrewing question forum and found you.

I am a newby, but in the process of finding you (which took a while to register because of a SNAFU in the registration form...), I think I figured out my problem.

I am brewing a Ballantine XXX Ale Clone, and it has now been bubbling for over 14 days now. The fastest I saw it bubble was once every 3 seconds, and it stayed at that rate for about a week, now it has slowed down to a bubble every 20 seconds, but I am not sure when it will ever stop (like the Energizer Bunny!).

I am now convinced that my problem is pitch rate. I used a white lab tube of yeast, which spewed like champagne when I opened it, losing close to half of the vial. Being a newby I figured all was well when it started bubbling about 30 hours later.

Does anyone have any advice at this late juncture? From what I have read it sounds like I can expect some off-taste in my brew, but would it help to pitch some more yeast now (2+ weeks later)? (I live an hour from nearest brewing supply store).

Any advice from the brew-sages out there would be appreciated!
AW

Latest posts

Back