how big a kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsuhornb

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a kegerator that will fit the following?: 3 5-gal corny kegs, CO2 bottle, Nitro bottle and 2 regulators?

I have a 13.2 cu ft model and it can hold 8 ball locks and a 20lb CO2 tank withougt a collar. You don't need to have taps for all of the kegs that will fit in your keezer, but it sure is nice to have the conditioning/lagering/carbing space. I'm going to build a collar for mine after I move so I can put another 2 kegs on the hump just for lagering.

So IMHO, as large as you can comfortably fit into your space and budget, which sounds like 5. One of my friends has this one and it holds 5 kegs and a CO2 bottle inside.

I have a feeling that my wife would rather everything be self contained as it will likely be inside the house.

I have a feeling that my wife would rather everything be self contained as it will likely be inside the house.

In that case I have a huge reason to go keezer, they are liquid tight. If you have a liquid leak a keezer will contain it, but a fridge will not. Would you rather open your keezer to find it has become a beer bathtub or find 5 gallons of beer distributed across your floor? I can tell you which one SWMBO would prefer ;)

Back