How about another E-Rig!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I envy you electric users. Just a poor NG guy here. :(

:cross: Not sure you can use the word poor. Your profile pic looks like it has a ton of SS and sanitary fittings:rockin:

I am sorta lucky. I am fairly new to brewing. This was is my first AG setup. So I am not upgrading or retro fitting. I just decided to go all out from the beginning.

Love the rig Brewmoor.

The bus tubs that Wayne1 is talking about are called "hotel pans" and are used for every possible function in a restaurant kitchen. I use them at home because you can do anything with them: reduce a sauce on the range, stick them in the oven, use them on the grill. Anything. They are all SS and can usually be had for cheap.

where did you get your Electric Heater Element ?

I got my 5500w element at plumbingsupply.com

Blackwaterbrewer: The corny is used as a heat exchanger. I also use it to heat sparge water. I do a double batch sparge on most of my brews. I heat 3-4 gallons in my boil kettle and transfer to MLT. Then drain the MLT to the boil kettle. Then I transfer from the corny to the mash for a second batch sparge to rinse the grains more.

I actually don't use the heat exchanger much. I have pretty consistent temps and I don't step mash. On my new system I am skipping the HLT and I am going to sparge with a RIMS tube and two elements.

Let us know how that works Brewmoor. I like the simplicity, but wonder how you will get a desired water temp coming from the RIMS tube?

This build has been complete for over a year. It worked great. I used it a bunch while I was getting my new brewery up and running. Unfortunatly it has sat in my garage collecting dust for the last 8 months. I have been too busy brewing at the brewery to use it. It is a dream to brew on though.

Subbed... Lots of great ideas in here to figure out how to build my rig coming soon.

Back