how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SmartSelect_20230304_141141_Instagram.jpg

Wow, hospitalized and had to undergo skin grafts. I have spilled coffee in my crotch, but nothing like that. Ouch. :mad:
I've read about this, I wasn't there so I can't claim this is completely factual, but the gist was - it wasn't normal hot, it was boiling hot. Seems the particular store knew about it and didn't do anything about it. Supposedly she hoped to get the hospital bills covered but it was the jury that raised the amount. So I have read anyhow.

BTW, if anyone thinks I'm being a little mean to Florida, I lived there more than 20 years and have great affection for the place. It's a lot like my home state of Texas but with prettier beaches.
Those signs are not for Floridians. It's the tourist knuckleheads that have to be protected from themselves. The folks that get trampled by bison or mauled by grizzlies are usually not from Wyoming either.

Those signs are not for Floridians. It's the tourist knuckleheads that have to be protected from themselves. The folks that get trampled by bison or mauled by grizzlies are usually not from Wyoming either.

I feel attacked. I am exactly the type of person that would get too close to a bison. I'm very comfortable around domestic bovines and would expect bison to behave exactly the same.

I get your point, but . . .

FLORIDA (KGO) -- A brave Florida man served up a hot dog lunch to some hungry alligators.

Michael Womer has no fear, and loves gators so much that he decided to feed one of them from his own mouth.

The dangerous stunt was caught on camera at a conservation center in Florida.

Michael calls himself "The Gator Crusader."

He actually does this a lot. In this case he put a camera on his head.

He says he wanted to show what it's like to have an alligator diving at your face as you hold the bait in your mouth.

https://abc7news.com/florida-man-gator-the-crusader/2246847/

I feel attacked. I am exactly the type of person that would get too close to a bison. I'm very comfortable around domestic bovines and would expect bison to behave exactly the same.
They are...right up to the instant they are not. Reminds me of the 'cow' I tried to get back into my neighbor's pasture once. Pro Tip: Be sure to check the "undercarriage" before you get "udderly" surprised.

Had the pleasure of seeing one of those 'Darwinians in Training' nearly get steam-rolled by a bison in Yellowstone two years ago (before Covid). Sadly, that individual escaped and is still potentially adding to the dilution of the gene pool.

A couple decades ago I used to help a friend of mine show bulls at the local fair. Not all bulls have a horrible temper.

A couple decades ago I used to help a friend of mine show bulls at the local fair. Not all bulls have a horrible temper.
In my particular instance, it may have involved a beer. Or two.

Our neighbor has a small farm (25 or so acres) and used to keep several milking cows. Occasionally one might get loose and create a hazard on the County road that separates our properties. So, one evening after dinner (where one or more beers may or may not have been consumed) I saw a bovine creature parked in the middle of the road.

Being a good neighbor, I hoofed it down to the scene to herd it back to the pasture before some apprentice driving teenagers came barreling down the road. The ‘cow’ took notice of me at the same moment that I took notice of “his” equipment. My neighbor had rented a bull, I guess to make the cows contented.

Fortunately, el toro had also concluded that there weren’t any cows on my side of the gate and headed back to the pasture instead of going all “territorial” on my inebriated ass.

Might have had another beer (or two) after that close call.

Our neighbor has a small farm (25 or so acres) and used to keep several milking cows. Occasionally one might get loose and create a hazard on the County road that separates our properties. So, one evening after dinner (where one or more beers may or may not have been consumed) I saw a bovine creature parked in the middle of the road.

Being a good neighbor, I hoofed it down to the scene to herd it back to the pasture before some apprentice driving teenagers came barreling down the road. The ‘cow’ took notice of me at the same moment that I took notice of “his” equipment. My neighbor had rented a bull, I guess to make the cows contented.

Fortunately, el toro had also concluded that there weren’t any cows on my side of the gate and headed back to the pasture instead of going all “territorial” on my inebriated ass.

My in-laws like to tell the story of why my wife's maternal grandparents sold the bull and went with AI back when that tech was pretty new. Apparently back when she was a young grade schooler my mother in law wanted to help bring in the cows for milking. She encountered a particularly stubborn cow, and she ended up grabbing a corn stalk and beating the ornery bovine with it all the way to the barn, where her dad almost had a heart attack seeing his precious daughter doing her best to beat the snot out of an ornery bull. My mother in law had not learned how to tell the bulls from the cows.

Apparently he sold that bull the next day and never bought a new one.

My in-laws like to tell the story of why my wife's maternal grandparents sold the bull and went with AI back when that tech was pretty new. Apparently back when she was a young grade schooler my mother in law wanted to help bring in the cows for milking. She encountered a particularly stubborn cow, and she ended up grabbing a corn stalk and beating the ornery bovine with it all the way to the barn, where her dad almost had a heart attack seeing his precious daughter doing her best to beat the snot out of an ornery bull. My mother in law had not learned how to tell the bulls from the cows.

Apparently he sold that bull the next day and never bought a new one.

damn, finally! i get my turn to say i have no idea what someone else said! lol :mug:

edit: but i don't know how mass mind control compares to a little girl smacking a bull with a corn cob to get in the barn.....

but i'm telling the truth! the old saying "speak of the devil" i think applies on that!

edit: especially on a public forum! they got eyes everywhere :mug: lol

Back