how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
69501757_10220104090054852_1309796976094609408_n.jpg

I foresee storage problems in your future!
Yeah, as you can tell I haven't figured that out yet.

I'm also trying to figure out my tri-clover options. Minimum expense vs maximum convenience.

Stout sent me these telling me all the TC connections are 3/8. I get them and learn they are 1/2. Which is what I wanted in the first place. Most of my existing plumbing is 1/2. So it's more so about attaching water connections. Have to stop admiring it with a beer and just make damn decision.

Shiny stuff is making me like Homer.

Last edited:
Yeah, as you can tell I haven't figured that out yet.

I'm also trying to figure out my tri-clover options. Minimum expense vs maximum convenience.

Stout sent me these telling me all the TC connections are 3/8. I get them and learn they are 1/2. Which is what I wanted in the first place. Most of my existing plumbing is 1/2. So it's more so about attaching water connections. Have to stop admiring it with a beer and just make damn decision.

Shiny stuff is making me like Homer.

My weakness is tools. There, I said it. I don't feel any better though.
After a lifetime of aircraft repair, marine machinist, DIY'er, home repair, automotive, gem cutting, jewelry fabrication, gunsmithing, carpentry, woodworking, masonry, plumbing, roofing, etc, etc, I am waist deep in tools, toolboxes, and tool organizers.
Milk crates full of unaccompanied wrenches, sockets, hammers, saws, measuring devices et al. My biggest problem now is finding the tool I need at the present moment. It is often easier to just go buy a new one instead of finding the 3 I already have...somewhere!

EDIT: The rarest tool in the world is a 7/16" wrench when you need it.
I've probably got 15, but I can never find one!

Last edited:
My weakness is tools. There, I said it. I don't feel any better though.
After a lifetime of aircraft repair, marine machinist, DIY'er, home repair, automotive, gem cutting, jewelry fabrication, gunsmithing, carpentry, woodworking, masonry, plumbing, roofing, etc, etc, I am waist deep in tools, toolboxes, and tool organizers.
Milk crates full of unaccompanied wrenches, sockets, hammers, saws, measuring devices et al. My biggest problem now is finding the tool I need at the present moment. It is often easier to just go buy a new one instead of finding the 3 I already have...somewhere!

EDIT: The rarest tool in the world is a 7/16" wrench when you need it.
I've probably got 15, but I can never find one!

I thought I was the only guy who has tools but can't remember where they are.... :)

At one point I was trying to organize my tools as if they were in a hardware store, here's the wrench aisle, there's the propane torch aisle.....

Alas, that lasted about 2 weeks.

I thought I was the only guy who has tools but can't remember where they are.... :)

At one point I was trying to organize my tools as if they were in a hardware store, here's the wrench aisle, there's the propane torch aisle.....

Alas, that lasted about 2 weeks.

Milk crates. With a typing paper box inside.

You're not OC enough (for better or worse) or you have gremlins moving your ****.
Ask me for any tool (and size if it matters) and if I have one (probably do) I can find it in my shop in under a minute.
This is possible only because The Spousal Unit never goes in my shop ;)

Cheers!

You're not OC enough (for better or worse) or you have gremlins moving your ****.
Ask me for any tool (and size if it matters) and if I have one (probably do) I can find it in my shop in under a minute.
This is possible only because The Spousal Unit never goes in my shop ;)
Cheers!

It doesn't become you to brag so much....about your ability to find tools or your spousal unit control. :)

Back in the early 90s I bought a cheap second car for $200--a used Chevy Chevette. It was cheap as it had been through an electrical fire, the seat belts were cut off, had a huge Harley Davidson decal in the back window (irony!), and the windshield wiper switch was replaced by a big black toggle switch.

The only way to get the wipers to stop wiping was to turn off that switch, then use the RIGHT SIDE turn signal (not the left), and they'd go down and stop. Personality? This car had it, in spades. Whose? Freddy Krueger's. :)

It also didn't have a driver's side mirror, nor a working horn. I had the car at my father-in-law's house and we were looking it over. He stood there stroking his chin, looking at the missing mirror.....walked into the garage, poked around under his main workbench, and pulled out a driver's side mirror for a Chevy Chevette. Perfect fit. How on earth did he remember he had that?

We opened up the hood to look at the horn. Tried jumping to it directly, didn't make a peep. He stood there stroking his chin again, walked into the garage, poked around under the workbench, and pulled out an exact match horn for a Chevy Chevette. We mounted it next to the old one, hooked it up, and my Chevette no longer stood mute!

He has since passed, but I remember wondering what else he might have under that bench.

There are more stories surrounding "Harley" as we named that car, but I'll never forget my father-in-law pulling out both a mirror and a horn for a Chevette. And the weird part was, he was a Ford man. :)

3dr6eg.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't become you to brag so much....about your ability to find tools or your spousal unit control. :)

Back in the early 90s I bought a cheap second car for $200--a used Chevy Chevette. It was cheap as it had been through an electrical fire, the seat belts were cut off, had a huge Harley Davidson decal in the back window (irony!), and the windshield wiper switch was replaced by a big black toggle switch.

The only way to get the wipers to stop wiping was to turn off that switch, then use the RIGHT SIDE turn signal (not the left), and they'd go down and stop. Personality? This car had it, in spades. Whose? Freddy Krueger's. :)

It also didn't have a driver's side mirror. I had the car at my father-in-law's house and we were looking it over. He stood there stroking his chin, looking at the missing mirror.....walked into the garage, poked around under his main workbench, and pulled out a driver's side mirror for a Chevy Chevette. Perfect fit. How on earth did he remember he had that?

We opened up the hood to look at the horn. Tried jumping to it directly, didn't make a peep. He stood there stroking his chin again, walked into the garage, poked around under the workbench, and pulled out an exact match horn for a Chevy Chevette. We mounted it next to the old one, hooked it up, and my Chevette no longer stood mute!

He has since passed, but I remember wondering what else he might have under that bench.

There are more stories surrounding "Harley" as we named that car, but I'll never forget my father-in-law pulling out both a mirror and a horn for a Chevette. And the weird part was, he was a Ford man. :)

3dr6eg.jpg

That pic makes my shop look almost clean (except for the bench, mine usually has about 2 feet of overburden)!

Back