Texas Houston HBT Members Free 4 1/2 year old grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alz28

Reaction score
I was big into brewing for about five years and I don't have the time to brew now due to a lack of pure laziness.:( I can go on and on about why I quit brewing and still want to keep my equipment in case I decide to start up again one day. Well to get right to the point i am giving away about 400lbs of grain that is about 4 1/2 years old. I would recommend doing a small test batch and checking out the gravity you get out of it but I'm sure you know to do that already. I know its probably to old to use. The grain is still in unopened sacks and was stored in two 55 gallon drums. I also stored the grain with large silicon moisture absorbers. I opened the 55 gallon drums the other day and could not see any insects on the surface of the top bags I really didn't disturb the bags much. I have probably 200lbs of wheat and 200lbs of pilsner. I even may have some orange peels, coriander, and goldings I can give you as well. Please e mail me if interested at [email protected]. I am located in NW Houston near Tomball. I know I should have given the grain away sooner to someone that would have put it to good use. Let me know if your interested. The grain will be given away in the order that people contact me. If the first person that e mails me dose not show up for the grain or dose not want it the second person will be the next in line to come pick up the grain and so on.
Thanks Royce

Yea I know and I feel bad for letting it go to waste but I was always telling friends and myself that I will brew next month and it never happened. I even went and purchased yeast two times and never got around to it. I threw out all my washed yeast jars when I moved and it seems like that's when I got lazy. I loved making me a starter on Fri. night when I got off work and brewing Sun. morning. I just was working to many hours and mentally got lazy on brewing. I really hope someone can use this grain. Even if its just to feed livestock. If you know someone in FFA that would be great as well.

Just weighed the hops (pellets) at 1 lb 1 oz. the hops are 4 and 1/2 years old as well. Kept in the freezer in a quart mason jar. Still had a nice fragrance when I opened the jar.

Just weighed the hops (pellets) at 1 lb 1 oz. the hops are 4 and 1/2 years old as well. Kept in the freezer in a quart mason jar. Still had a nice fragrance when I opened the jar.

Someone brewing sour beer and wanting aged hops may actually be really interested in those. Bumping to get more people to look.

Back