Hot weather coming and I just bottled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RipC1ty

Reaction score
Temperature is going to be in the 90s this week and I just bottled. Any advice on how to keep the bottles around 60-70 degrees?

Fill a bin 1/4-1/2 way with water, set the bottles in and use fozen water bottles or ice to try and keep the temp steady. Or buy a mini fridge off craigslist or ebay

90 won't kill your yeast. Primary ferment is the most important time for temperature control.
Heat is not great for beer stability, but I think you'll be alright just letting them carb and chilling those you want to drink. There are warehouses full of beer without a/c.

Is the coolest place in your house going to get to 90 degrees? How about an A/C. A small unit in a small room would cost less than digging a big hole in your yard.

That is true but my big hole in my yard holds 12 five gallon corny kegs basically a geothermal frigerator that does not need to be plugged in

I dont have a.c. so I feel ya. Once i bottle my beer I place them in a box that has a hole cut in it . I put it in my extra room in front of my swamp cooler vent . The temp in the room will reach 90 in mid summer but right in front of the vent its 70*

Back