Hot water siphon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasGuy

Reaction score
Has anyone found a food-grade primer bulb for starting a siphon for hot water (HLT and sparging)?

I was gifted a brew sculpture, and am ready to do my first all-grain beer. I'll get pumps and kettles with fittings in due time, but not within the next few weeks.

I know I can fill the hose with water, or start more of the hose in the donating barrel, then pull it out below the level line to the receiving barrel. But I'd like to try this out if it is an option.

Yup. Starting more of the hose in the donating barrel and pulling it out is definitely a great way to go. That said, it would be cool if I could find a food/heat safe primer bulb.

I got lucky yesterday. I walked in the homebrew shop and they had a used stainless 10 gallon kettle with a ball valve for $35. That, plus doing pressure transfers, and I shouldn’t have to siphon anymore.

Back