Hot summer fermentation help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynie27

Reaction score
Hey guys i currently have a swamp cooler set up for a pale ale i brewed 6 days ago. I have kept temperatures around 62 degrees and over the last day or two i have let it rise to about 70. I have reached my final gravity and am wondering if i can take it out of the water bath? Although final gravity has been reached does this mean that if i leave it at room temperature around 75-80 degrees that i can have no worry of off flavours because the bulk of fermentation is finished?

You'll be fine. My only form of temp control is a swamp cooler/ice bottles and I usually stop changing out bottles after only about 3 days. If you're at final gravity there's no issue.

It depends on what your optimum fermentation is for your yeast strain. Assuming you are using Safale-05 you'll be fine at 75 degrees.

After primary fermentation, your beer is pretty stable. All the yeast is doing after hitting a FG is eating up the residual sugars, cleaning up off-flavors, and degassing. You can leave it at room temperature at that point.

Latest posts

Back