Hose Woes - Check your connections!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedigitale

Reaction score
So I racked a pale ale into a keg last night and decided to clean out my lines while I was working on beer stuff. I cleaned and sanitized my lines, and put everything back together.

Once I was done putting everything together, I adjusted the CO2 levels for the Pale Ale and the cider and smiled knowing that I would soon have another beer on draft.

About 20 minutes later, the wife yells to me from the next room and I run in to find that the hose connection on the ball lock had stretched out a little too much, and decided to pop off.

I like a fairly carbonated cider, and so this stuff was spraying out pretty rapidly...

Well, we cleaned what we could, left the rest to dry out a bit and my kitchen now smells like fermented apples. While it's not the worst smell, I'd rather have had that gallon or two in a glass than sprayed on my walls, table, floor, chairs and probably the dog, who was wondering what the sweet smell was.

Anyway... the moral of the story is... check your connections, and cut or replace the hoses when they need it!

And get something nice for your SWMBO for not immediately making you move the keezer outside

The damage would have been reduced if they were actually in a keezer. These hadn't been chilled and were just sitting on the floor in the kitchen.

Justification for buying a keezer.....

The damage would have been reduced if they were actually in a keezer. These hadn't been chilled and were just sitting on the floor in the kitchen.

Justification for buying a keezer.....

+1

It took me 5 min to clean up the leaky liquit out post mess in my keezer... SWMBO wasn't annoyed at all, as she doesn't drink beer. if anything i had sympathy!

And get something nice for your SWMBO for not immediately making you move the keezer outside

I like this guy! Listen to him. :D

And that advice has nothing to do with the fact that I'm the wife in question. Nothing at all. I swear!

I am starting to see, though, that this may have been staged... a ploy... to convince me you need that keezer...

Hmph.

No, really, it was hilarious. We did learn, however, that we need a real mop in addition to the swiffer, which just doesn't do the trick in cases like this.

The worst is that I was worried about having a drunk dog & cats... and losing all that cider. That stuff is GOOD!

Ummmm.... how about I just brew up that nut brown you've been asking for?

Back