Hose strain relief springs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsquared

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thought Id share this little project. I have a couple tight turns in my brewing setup, that when I'm running hot wort through the lines they can collapse if I'm not careful.

I bought these Stainless springs from McMaster Carr, they fit nicely over 1/2" ID silicone hose and can be cut to length. As an added bonus the spring can be wound around the blade of a worm clamp to protect the brewer from the sharp blade.

IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2967.jpg

Very nice! Wonder if a spiral bound notebook spring would have similar results and nearly free once used up.

I did the same on all my hoses but I bought my stainless springs from ACE hardware for $0.08 ea. I took a piece of 3/8" silicon with me and tested different springs until I found one that fit snug. I'm sure they have ones that would fit 1/2" too.

I started with the plastic coils used for PC cooling systems (similar to the guy above) but boiling water basically melted them and they started falling apart. The ACE stainless springs have held up now for over a year and still look new.

Latest posts

Back