Horse Blanket...Barnyard-Whatever!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plinythebadass

Reaction score
So for those of you who have had Lagunitas' Lil' Sumpin you know just as well as I do that it's a fantastic testament to the wheat beer genre that transcends the boundaries of it ten fold. For those of you who've have Lil' Sumpin WILD, again, you know just as well as I do that it's another fantastic example of a great beer made even better with the addition of the "Westmalle" strain (can you tell im a huge Lags fan! Sonoma County local here...). I really want to experiment with that flavor, the horse blankety barnyard smell thats unique to the Belgians. This is probably answered elsewhere but it's always nice to discuss things further, what do White Labs and Wyeast offer in these regards that I can experiment with?

Look into BRETT strains from either company. There's a few different strains out there, but to get familiar with them, search the yeast bank's site. White Labs usually produce more funk/smoke/horse/barnyard than Wyeast, which are more on the fruitier side.

Back