Hopslam 2016 is in the house!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moose_MI

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yummy......$20 a 6-pack but yummy!

image.jpg

This years is not as floral and fruity. It is like a very bitter 2 hearted. I like it. Glad I only bought a couple 6 packs though.

Last year's was very hoppy, and very boozy. It was only around 10% IIRC, but it was boozier than the BCBS this year, to my tastes.

Mmmyes, I thought last year's Celebration ale was a bit too heavy on the spices for me. This year's was a lot better, more balanced.

Agreed. I'll take a 4-pack of DirtWolf over a sixer of Hopslam, be more satisfied, and pay less.

:mug:

I normally only get it on tap. I don't mind paying $20 a six pack, but lots of other great seasonals around here for half the price. Plus the Bell family hates me. When the small brewery/trademark controversy happened a few months back, I created "Larry Bell is a dick" t-shirts and that apparently made them a little upset. (I also did this without knowing any facts of the situation so I don't blame them. All in good fun)

Nice! I usually get one sixer in January. Yesterday I checked the liquor store that always seems to get it first, but they didn't have it yet. Should show up in WI any day.

Well....I've resisted entering the fray until after I actually got to have one....you'd think after dropping $20 on a 6pack you would make it a priority to drink some....shame, shame on me.

It was really good....really good....worth $20 for a 6pack. I won't spend $40 for a 12pack because I've got more beer than I know what to do with already...but no complaints here. I seem to remember it a bit more in-your-face last year which I'm not sure I appreciated.

Finally! My cousin came to visit from GR and brought three 6 packs. The first 6 pack was a little hot and tasted a bit piney. Not what I expected, and was disappointed.

Saturday we cracked another 6'er. Completely different! Not hot at all! And that wonderful, citrusy, almost pineappley, in your face flavor was in full bloom! Very reminiscent of last year! I opened the other 6'er today for a taste, and it is still magical! Maybe just the first batches were off a bit. I dunno, but it's amazing now!

The most wonderful time of the year...

Edit: Bell's is also selling Hopslam in mini kegs for $38- $40 bucks this year too! I think they're about 2 1/4 gallons. Much cheaper than 6'ers. Just have to figure out how to not oxidize it when pulling pours...

Back