Hopsbythepound.com?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cacique

Reaction score
Anyone use this? Only place I can find simcoe pellets but don't know anything about them. Thanks for the help.

I don't know anything about that site, but freshops.com has some simcoe still. It is leaf, but it is there.

I've done business with them several times, and they are definitely on the level.

Farm House Brewing is also selling 1 pound packages of Citra leaf. Good people there.

Since no one can verify I won't be ordering from here.

Smart move... I wouldn't order from them either. All I can see is a domain name registered to fatcow.com Besides the fact I won't pay 31.00 for a pound of hops. We've been making great beers without Simcoe hops for years. I don't see the need for going overboard to purchase the latest "Furby" or "cabbage patch doll" "Tickle Me Elmo" or whatever it is that make shoppers go crazy.

Yeah. Price prohibitive & sketchy website. I really like simcoe but will wait until I can get a lb at a decent price.

Smart move... I wouldn't order from them either. All I can see is a domain name registered to fatcow.com Besides the fact I won't pay 31.00 for a pound of hops. We've been making great beers without Simcoe hops for years. I don't see the need for going overboard to purchase the latest "Furby" or "cabbage patch doll" "Tickle Me Elmo" or whatever it is that make shoppers go crazy.

:mug: The hop of the day is interesting...but too much of a PITA to deal with in terms of supply chain questions.

Anyone use this? Only place I can find simcoe pellets but don't know anything about them. Thanks for the help.

I've bought from them. Always pleased. Couldn't be happier.

Simcoe is a bit high for bulk, but I suppose that's the going rate.

Back